setcpu sleep/charging profile which takes priority?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by bL33d, Feb 19, 2010.

1. bL33d

bL33d Member

If my phone is charging and sleeping which profile is it useing?
  2. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

I believe it would be using your charging profile. The reason I say this is mine usually feels warmer when it's charging then when it's just sleeping alone.
  3. bL33d

bL33d Member

So I never run a charging profile because I assume it runs sleep profile when charging is why I asked.
  4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Or run the charging profile the same as the sleep. Either way will work.
  5. leftbrain99

leftbrain99 New Member

As it states in the SetCPU Profile list, normal profiles (charging, sleep, & battery < XX%) are listed in the order of priority, so the charging profile has priority if it is enabled. Sleep profile will never go active if the phone is charging and you have a charging profile enabled.
  6. Mars

Mars New Member

does the phone go directly into sleep mode when the screen is actually turned off via power button. Or does it go into sleep mode after a certain time period?
  7. cisco0910

cisco0910 New Member

charging profile is pointless if you use the failsafe profile. Only reason use the charging profile is in case your droid gets too hot. That's what the failsafe profile is for which takes priority over the charging profile anyway. right? am i missing something here?
  8. mwhartman

mwhartman Super Moderator/RS Premium Member

From the developers web site:(SetCPU)

From the 1.3.0 series on, SetCPU contains a few basic profiles for setting the CPU speed when the phone is sleeping, charging, or if the battery falls below a certain threshold. This is useful for saving battery while the phone is sleeping (when you don't need that much speed), for example. To set profiles, press the "profiles" button in the main interface, check the box for "profiles on." You can click the "modify" button in the profiles menu to set the speeds for that profile. Keep in mind that the profiles are listed in order of priority. For example, if the phone is charging and sleeping, and both of those profiles are enabled, SetCPU will use the charging profile. The "failsafe" profile can ramp the CPU speed down if the device's battery temperature reaches a certain point - this profile has the highest priority. SetCPU profiles work by running a low resource service in the background. This service is disabled when profiles are turned off. If profiles are enabled, disabling the service using a task manager could cause undesirable results.

Mike
Search tags for this page
best profile charging setcpu
setcpu charge profile
setcpu charging

setcpu charging profile

setcpu when charging
setcpu, need a charging profile