SetCPU/ROMManager Q's

Cooch33

Reaction score
So i pretty much just DL both. Just rooted. I'll start with SetCPU

I'm using everything stock on 2.2. I throtled it down to 800 to save some battery. But now it seems like my CPU under system panal just goes from 300, to 800. No inbetween like before. So its just at 800 constantly instead of going down to 650, or 342 or 789 etc. To me that doesnt seem right lol. I could be insane though, i don't know that much. Also whats the difference between the 3 scaling options. ondemand, userspace and performance?

As for ROM manager, what is this update.zip at the bottom of the list and in the recovery mode, it is the 2nd option down i believe. Looking at it right now says "- apply sdcard:update.zip" in ClockwordMod Recovery. Do i install that? what will it do?

Thanks in advance for any help, I've been looking around the fourms for a few hours now. No dice.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Also whats the difference between the 3 scaling options. ondemand, userspace and performance?
There's a guide somewhere that explains it. I don't have a link handy and would need to Google it, same as you. If I run across it I'll add it to this thread.

As for ROM manager, what is this update.zip at the bottom of the list and in the recovery mode, it is the 2nd option down i believe. Looking at it right now says "- apply sdcard:update.zip" in ClockwordMod Recovery. Do i install that? what will it do?
Depends on what update.zip you have on your SD card. The filename by itself doesn't really mean anything. If you don't know what it is (if you even have one on your SD card), I wouldn't apply it.

No inbetween like before.
Like before what?

Last edited: