SetCPU question***

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by DroidHoff, Jan 31, 2010.

1. DroidHoff

DroidHoff New Member

Hey everyone I have the evilboot9 900mhz overclock kernel installed and working my question is that I noticed last night the profiles I have set up don't seem to update without a restart. Example I run at 900 most of the day w/o problem but have setcpu set to clock down to 250 while sleep and also recharging. There is no way to verify the sleep setting since I must wake the phone to check it but when I stuck it in the charger the setcpu home screen still showed 900mhz??? If I shut down the phone and restarted it while charging and then check it would show 550 not 250 and when I unplugged it I would have to move it manually to 900mhz. Is this just an app update issue or are my profiles not being applied? I did the autodetect when I installed as required and the set on boot box is checked. Any help would be appreciated! By the way no fc's or restarts at all at 900mhz and my phone eats a 3gs for breakfast!

Thanks
  2. tty

tty New Member

I also found the profile is not applied. There is also a way to verify that. You can set the profile run when battery level is under 70%. When I tested that, the CPU speed was not decreased when battery level is below 70%.
  3. DroidHoff

DroidHoff New Member

Thanks for the reply tty. I did notice after the last update that setcpu put out it helped. But here is what I did after the update:

Update setcpu from the market to newest version
    Then I did a sprecovery reboot
    After that I set up my profiles, checked run profiles and run on boot and exited the app
    I then did another sprecovery reboot

After I did all this I noticed that my profiles would work. However the refresh time that is in the app must be slow because although the profiles would eventually apply they would take sometimes around 5 minutes to update. Better than nothing though. By the way the new profile for cpu speed at or above a temperature is a great addition!