Setcpu profiles

publicanimal

Reaction score
but what do you mean by older kernels. I suppose I havent been around rooting long enough to know that chevy had updated his kernels

Yeah, they were all updated a few months ago, and the newer versions no longer work with Miui as of v5.

It's confusing because the file names are all exactly the same. If the ones that you have work with Miui, then they are the older versions.

Newer versions are here:
Index of /froyo/kernels2
older ones used to be here:
http://chevyno1.richstevenson.com/froyo/kernels/ but it appears he's taken them down (probably due to confusion since the file names were the same).

OP
tp4bama

tp4bama

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
but what do you mean by older kernels. I suppose I havent been around rooting long enough to know that chevy had updated his kernels

Yeah chevy has 2 sets of kernels for froyo. You probably have the newer ones. The older ones aren't used as much so they are harder to find. The older ones are the only ones that work with the new miui. The newer ones causes bootloops on miui.

dredhead407

Reaction score
then i most definitely have the newer ones. I remember getting the kernels in that first link.

publicanimal

Reaction score
I don't know why I held off from installing SetCPU all this time. My battery life has taken a hit, but my performance has been off the charts. Slayhers 1.1 GHz is serving me VERY well.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Well with previous version of miui.. setcpu was iffy... but since 4. 1. 1... its been really good. Maybe v5... can't remember

sent from a rogue droid

publicanimal

Reaction score
I guess I might as well list my SetCPU profiles. Now using the BRAND NEW Chevy's 1.2 GHz ULV kernel available here Index of /froyo/kernels3

Main profile: 1200 Max, 400 Min (ondemand)
Temp above 46 degrees C: 400 Max, 250 Min (powersave)
Screen Off: 400 Max, 250 Min (conservative)

I don't have any battery/charging profiles because I have 3 batteries which I charge externally and simply swap batteries when battery gets low, so battery life is never really a concern. I highly recommend doing this as the batteries go for about $5 a piece on Amazon and last time I checked the external charger was selling for $8. These prices fluctuate almost daily but for around $20 you will never have to plug your phone into the wall again.

Last edited: