setCPU profiles

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by 52brandon, Feb 4, 2010.

1. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

Is anybody else having problems using the setCPU profiles with an overclock kernel? If I don't use a profile, my phone gets hot in my pocket, if I set the profiles it runs at 384 max and 245 min. And displays 500 at the top. All while it still says 800 max, 125 min on the sliders. None of my profiles are set to those frequencies either...
  2. natediddy1120

natediddy1120 New Member

Did you set your device to "auto detect"? Instead of selecting your device as "Motorola Droid"?
  3. bL33d

bL33d Member

Mine has done that acouple times aswell I quit useing a charging profile
  4. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

Yes. It runs at 800 with no profiles, but for whatever reason as soon as I turn profiles on it gives me that problem
  5. 52brandon

52brandon New Member

Well that fixed it. Never thought to turn that off since I hadn't plugged it in since setting the profiles. Thanks
  6. dwagner88

dwagner88 New Member

How do you know if your profiles are working? I have mine set to clock down to 550/125 when idle, but how will I know if it is working? The phone doesn't get hot in my pocket or anything. I have it set to 800/125 for general usage, phone gets slightly warmer than it used to while browsing the web. Haven't had time to gauge differences in battery life.
  7. jy2042

jy2042 New Member

I had the same issue with it running at 500 while showing 384 max and 245 min when I first started using the profiles on setCPU. What I did is after setting the profiles, I changed the max and min speed on the main screen from 800 max to something lower, and 125 min to something higher. Then I closed out of the app and then went back to set it back to 800 max and 125 min on the main screen. After doing that, setCPU does not shows it running at 500 while with 384 max and 245 min anymore, but now shows the correct setting. I'm not sure if this is just a coincidence or not, but after doing so, I have not experienced the problem again. Try it and let me know how it goes for you.
Search tags for this page
hotplug scaling android
overclock galaxy pocket setcpu

scaling cpu android hotplug

setcpu hotplug