SetCPU processor temp problem

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by missrachel, Aug 18, 2010.

1. missrachel

missrachel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all. I'm having a problem with my SetCPU app and also Temp monitor lite. I'm unable to get an accurate reading on the CPUs temperature! SetCPU is currently reading at -40°C AND -40°F. Wtf???? Rebooted did not fix the problem...

My apologies if I'm posting in the wrong section! :/

2. harrellj

harrellj Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does your kernel support temp monitoring?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. missrachel

missrachel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes.. it's been working fine for the last 1-2 weeks, this problem just started happening yesterday!

4. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    maybe its a problem with tempmonitor, did you update it recently? Also try uninstalling and reinstalling both of them. Cleaning the cache couldnt hurt either.

5. missrachel

missrachel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Uninstalled an reinstalled... still showing -40°!! So weird... also the "clear cache" button is greyed out..? Also.. just wondering if the cpu temp is actually the most important to monitor closely.. or should I be more worried about the battery temp?

6. brando56894

brando56894 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You could try clearing the cache with "cache cleaner" from the market or reboot into recovery and wipe it from there, if it still doesnt work try another kernel from another developer. Id say the cpu temp is more important to watch since you can replace a battery easily, its not so easy to replace a cpu :D its not necessary to constantly watch it since most likely your droid will never stay at exteme (damaging) temperatures and if they are that high youll notice it instantly when you pick up the phone. Im not talking about a little warm I mean scorching hot, almost too hot to hold (think of what the transformer [the "brick" part of the ac adapter] of a laptop charger feels like when charging the battery), thats the danger zone right there. steady temps of about 120F or below are fine, anything above that for extended amounts of time is pushing it.

7. missrachel

missrachel Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Gotcha. Thanks for the info!! I ran Cache Cleaner and it didn't fix the problem... so I downloaded a new kernel (ChevyNo1's low-voltage 1.0ghz) and lo & behold, my CPU temp is showing again. Weird!! Forced me to upgrade my speed which I had been wanting to do anyway :] thanks again for your tips!!!! Much appreciated :)

Search tags for this page

setcpu temp profile

setcpu temperature profile