1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SetCPU or SuperUser problem...

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by gameofthrones, Feb 8, 2011.

1. gameofthrones

gameofthrones New Member

Hello guys!
    I recently got a Clone Flytouch and installed the ROM 88_wmt2.1.1_2.1.2_20110131-HcH. (It has been the ONLY ROM to ever work so far). Nevertheless, it is still impossible to watch movies on this machine so I am in need of overclocking!
    The ROM already was rooted, but I re-rooted anyways with z4, which went successfully and even put SuperUser on my dashboard. But still, whatever I do, SetCPU will never load! I can get to the page in which it asks me to choose one of the given options (auto-select does not exist) and I choose the one with the same cpu model as mine, ARM. Then it will just forever be in the idle world of a black screen (or sometimes a brown small terminal looking screen). Force-stop, reinstall, does not change anything.

Any thoughts of what I might have to do, or any other alternatives I might have?

Thanks a bunch guys! dancedroid
  2. gameofthrones

gameofthrones New Member

Just a little update...I have reinstalled the ROM and the SU seem to work fine, even though the icon is not on the dashboard. I was able to >su at the terminal with success and was even able to get Titanium Backup to work.
    Nevertheless, even though I have tried 3 different versions of SetCPU, once I choose either the custom setting or the ARM setting, I get prompted that it will ask for permissions for the Root access, and that if it results in a black screen or 'force close' that I should simply try again.
    Well, I never seem to pass this point. It ALWAYS just hangs in a void of Black screen...
Search tags for this page

88 wmt2.1.1 2.1.2 20110131-hch

flytouch
flytouch 2 overclock

setcpu black screen