SetCPU Not Speeding Back Up After Screen Wake Up

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by Skurvy_Pirate, Dec 27, 2010.

1. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I just started using SetCPU about 2 days before I saw the new BB release was out. I have a profile set up for when the screen is off to throttle the CPU down to 125 min/max. When I turn the screen back on, it either is not switching profiles, or it does switch profiles but it won't allow the CPU any higher than 125 until I change the scaling method around.

I have tried using interactive scaling and on demand scaling (what does interactive do exactly? I have heard it was more responsive but am not sure how it is different). Sometimes the profile will be stuck at 125/125 until I start SetCPU, then it will get the root rights and change correctly. Other times it will be the correct profile but will not back up to 1000 until I mess with it a little. If I do not use the sleep profile I don't have any problems.

I am using BBv6.1 with the built in CPU settings disabled and SetCPU setup to start on boot.

#1 Skurvy_Pirate, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010
  2. blackbelt27

blackbelt27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1 have you set condition priority correctly?
    2 have you clicked set "on boot" and rebooted?

3. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    1.) I have it set to 99 priority. No other profile is higher.
    2.) Yes I have it on "Set on boot" and have rebooted multiple times since setting it up

It is weird because sometimes it is on the right profile, but the CPU just won't ramp up off the minimum speed. It will say max 1000 min 125, but just be stuck on 125 until I mess around in SetCPU a bit (usually selecting a different governor).

4. blackbelt27

blackbelt27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bam! There's your problem

Screen off should be the lowest condition priority

If its not, add a "charging usb" condition so there's 2 conditions and give it a higher priority

Priority resolves which takes precidence in the event of 2 conditions being met at once, the one with the higher priority will be activated

5. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    I have mine set as the highest priority. That way if the screen is off but the batt is below 80% it will prioritize the screen off and I've never had this issue.

tappin and a talkin

6. blackbelt27

blackbelt27 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And the reaon it changes with changing the governer is that certain governors don't support profiles therefore disabling them and ramping back up to your default speed

Ondemand, and interactive I'm positive supports profiles
    (This is your default gov, the gov's within your profiles conditions cn be whatever you want)

7. titans

titans Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Don't know about your first question but I can tell you what interactive is. Don't know the definition in technical terms but from what I've seen it likes higher frequencies more.

8. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, but since the screen is back on it shouldn't be being met at all, correct? I have it set high so that when my battery is below 40% say, then when the screen is off, the screen off profile takes over instead of the <40% profile.

If it is set to lowest then as soon as another profile is activated, like <40% battery, when the screen is off it will no longer be throttled to 125 but to whatever the max is for <40%. Is that right? Or am I looking at priorities wrong?

9. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    That is correct. That's why I keep screen off as the highest priority. Actually now that I'm looking at it my high temp profile is the highest at 100 but screen off is at 99. Don't know if that makes a diff though.

tappin and a talkin

10. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I am trying upping it from 125/125 to 125/400. First impression seems like it is working a little better.

11. Skurvy_Pirate

Skurvy_Pirate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Still having problems. Sometimes the problem is that it is not switching from the Screen off profile when the screen is on. Sometimes it is on the right profile but will not throttle up the CPU until I mess around in SetCPU a little (or else it takes a long time). It seems like after I get the "SetCPU has root rights" message it will start working, but sometimes it is not needed.