SetCPU - Max/Min settings?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Canefan, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Canefan

Canefan New Member

Running Bugless Beauty and have a question about SetCPU. When does the phone revert to the min setting? Is it when the processor is sleeping? If so, why would I need to set up a sleep profile? I currently have it set to 800/125. Is that how it should be set up?

Also, if I do set up a sleep profile what should those settings be? Does there need to be a certain minimum clock speed so that the phone can execute the tasks it needs to during sleep such as looking up contact information when an incoming phone call comes in?
  2. Larkitect

Larkitect New Member

i have mine set for min/max 125 when asleep and have no problems with receiving calls or displaying contact info on incoming calls. i should probably at least bump the max to 250 while sleeping because i have seen 1 error msg regarding a background task of some sort. i use wifi at home and i think it was relating to syncing email. i've only seen it once and that was after a very long sleep session.
  3. cpjr

cpjr New Member

Im greedy....mine is set to 900mhz all the time :D

No issues in a week, so far.
  4. Larkitect

Larkitect New Member

i'm not brave enough to push it past 800MHz. :)
  5. clucernoni

clucernoni New Member

im set to 1 ghz now for three days and have not had an issue.it is super fast and doesn't really get very hot.there are hardware precautions that will shut off the phone before you fry it.
  6. Canefan

Canefan New Member

With all due respect, this thread was not about how fast people are pushing their phones. I was asking if anyone understood when the phone went to whatever the min setting was and how did that differ from sleep mode. In other words, if it's set to 800/125, won't the phone go to 125 when it's in standby? Why is the sleep profile needed?
  7. acturbo

acturbo New Member

The phone will not automatically be running at 125 in sleep mode, using set CPU you are forcing the phone to run at a max of 125. I found this to be a hassle when I had it set that way. When my phone was coming out of sleep and I would receive a phone call it was very laggy and took a while until I could even see who was calling. I found that setting sleep to 250/125 worked best for me.
Search tags for this page

best min max setting setcpu htc hero

motorola droid max email settings

setcpu max min settings

what is max and min for t989 using setcpu