SetCPU issue or question?

ldimick

Reaction score
When I add a widget I get the option of adding a SetCPU Active Widget or a SetCPU Widget. Just to see what would ahppen I added both. They reported different temperatures. So the question is does SetCPU have a problem or what are the differences between the versions?

brando56894

Reaction score
I didn't believe you so I tried it out myself and you are correct they do display different temperatures. My "active" widget displays temps that are 2-5 degrees Celsius below the temps on the normal widget, maybe one refreshes more quickly than the other?

OP
L

ldimick

Reaction score
I appreciate the verification. I was running CM .50.6.2 and I was curious if it was an issue with the ROM of the Widget. I thought it was a timing issue the same as you but mine is off by the same amount. I'll do some more monitoring (longer) in the morning. But it does raise doubts in my mind about exactly what is being measured and how accurate it is.

It's like the old saying "A man with two watches never knows what time it is."

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think the active one is giving you "real time" stats and the other refreshes at a slower rate and will display the "static" readout longer. At least that was the impression when I did as you the other day.

brochaos

Reaction score
i've never seen 2 widgets, was that in the last upgrade?

vessej

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i just reinstalled setcpu this morning and the readings show i'm hotter than i was ever before. any of you guys experiencing this? i did reflash the succulent desire this morning, too. hmmmmmm

???

Reaction score
I use temp monitor to see my temps, maybe compare to it as a third?

???

Reaction score
so i put both side by side and i think the active is the cpu temp and the normal one is the battery temp.

sandfreak

Reaction score
interesting, i hadn't noticed the new widget. i see the active widget tells you what you're running atm instead of just saying setcpu at the top

nevermind. setcpu is acting funny for me today. but it no longer says what im running at the top now. it's back to just saying setcpu at the top

Last edited:

brando56894

Reaction score
Ive noticed that too, I like it to say what the current clock speed is but it seems to disappear sometimes. I didn't notice the two widgets until recently either until one day when I was adding other widgets and was curious why there were two.

droidenator

Reaction score
ive noticed all that too and when i had both the widgets and i would hit home or even unlock my phone it was the laggiest thing i ever seen i think they guy who made it is just testing out the active widget