1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SetCPU Intervals

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ChaosbyWind, Mar 30, 2010.

1. ChaosbyWind

ChaosbyWind New Member

I see people saying that their OC ranges are 550, or 1000, or 900, etc. My intervals for both min and max are 250, 400, 600, 800, and 1100. I can't seem to figure out why. I have read the setcpu (before you ask) thread, and did a search on the forums. I do have it set to autodetect.

Is this supposed to be like this?
  2. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

It all depends on what kernel you are using. If you are using a 5 slot 1100mhz kernel you will only see 5 speeds between whatever the lowest and highest speed is. A 7 or 10 slot kernel has 7 speeds and 10 speeds respectively. The speeds are different depending on the maker of the kernel.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ad...ted-03-08-all-builds-voltages-42-kernels.html His hit the 400, 600, 800 speeds.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ch...s-low-voltage-medium-voltage-3-25-2010-a.html His don't use 400 or 600.

Those are just examples, there are other kernels out there.
  3. ChaosbyWind

ChaosbyWind New Member

I have the latest smoked glass ROM, any way I can utilize chevys kernels?
  4. cupfulloflol

cupfulloflol New Member

Yes, download the one you want. Rename to update.zip. Place on root of sdcard. Boot into sprecovery, click install > allow update.zip > apply update.zip.

You should back up prior to doing this, just incase your phone doesn't like the particular kernel.