SetCPU help

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Slntagent, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Slntagent

Slntagent New Member

hi all, just rooted and installed UD7.8..love this rom...im curious about setcpu..i loaded it and installed the widget to my homepage..but how do i know what speed its currently running? all i see are the max/min numbers?!

ps...is setcpu really needed with the new roms? do you really notice the difference?
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2010
  2. Phillipsave

Phillipsave Member

Setcpu is crucial for increasing and adjusting your processor and internet speed. The large number on the top of the screen is your current speed, while the two smaller numbers to the right of it are your minimum and maximum ranges. However, it is important to set your profile as well for preventing overheating, and conserving power when your battery runs low or is in charging mode. There are several great threads about this, so please go to the black bar near the top of the Droidforums screen, and do a search for SetCPU for the details on your settings.

Just to give you an idea, I have my Max set on 1000000, my min on 250000; and all of my profiles enabled and modified to 600 max and 250 min. Some people have lower minimums in their profiles, but they aren't defaulted in the slider settings on the latest version of SetCPU. Note that most people have their CPU governor set to Ondemand, while a few have other settings like Conservative. Good luck!
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2010
  3. Slntagent

Slntagent New Member

ty for your help.. explained exactly what i needed