setcpu advanced setting

Shelooga

Reaction score
im running sgv6 at 1100mhz. is it worth tinkering around with the advanced settings in setcpu while on 'ondemand'? or if i want to maximize the settings should i just use 'performance'?
if there is an advantage to tweaking the advanced settings, anyone know what the optimal settings would be?
also, is there an app with a cpu temperature widget? im tired of opening temp monitor constantly

i found when running 'ondemand' my cpu jumps from 250 to 1100 every other second. this seems like a power waster. and using conservative (with no jumps between 250-1100 unless im screwing around in setcpu) still has some lag issues when typing fast etc

and lastly, what kind of available RAM are other people looking at? my phone starts with ~70mb. i run a few things and it drops to about 55. then i run more and it drops in the 30s. i stop all apps and processes and i still hover in the 40-50 range. (or since ive been fiddling with it all day, 37.0mb at the moment)
how can i increase this without rebooting my phone every hour?

Last edited:

Dustinmj

Reaction score
You could always buy the full version and use the CPU notification :)

Widgets are coming... I've been hibernating for a while, but steam is finally picking up again and I'll be pushing some updates to TM, and (finally) putting the finishing touches on TM widgetpack.

I do have another app in line first, so it's not going to be tomorrow, may not even be in May... but it's coming :)

Heck, might as well leak a SS. Here's one of the initial design drafts... not much has changed since this date design-wise. There's still some work to get everything working smoothly, though.

Last edited:

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score

Widgets are coming... I've been hibernating for a while, but steam is finally picking up again and I'll be pushing some updates to TM, and (finally) putting the finishing touches on TM widgetpack.

I do have another app in line first, so it's not going to be tomorrow, may not even be in May... but it's coming :)

Heck, might as well leak a SS. Here's one of the initial design drafts... not much has changed since this date design-wise. There's still some work to get everything working smoothly, though.

Those are so cool! Can't wait to see you release those!

OP
Shelooga

Shelooga

Reaction score

nice. ill keep my eye out. thanks

jharbinson

Reaction score
My temp is always displayed in the status bar. In the temp monitor app there is a setting for showing the temp and choosing the font color. Hope that helps...