1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

SetCPU Advanced Conservative Settings

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Shibbey, Sep 16, 2010.

1. Shibbey

Shibbey New Member

I know most people prefer OnDemand, however I want to us Conservative for a while and see if it helps my battery life without much of a hit in performance. I am running Sapphire 1.1.0 with their 7 slot 250 to 1250 LV kernel.
    I am looking for recommendations for the advanced tab with reasons why. Currently mine are:

TIA

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  2. Shibbey

Shibbey New Member

Does no one use conservative scaling? Or at least messed around with it?
  3. JasonAsWell

JasonAsWell New Member

Your post convinced me to give it a shot. I started with your settings and haven't tweaked too much. This is since yesterday and I have noticed cooler temps and no noticeable performance loss, but not enough time off a charger to speak on batt life. I would imagine all else would have to be equal to do a true phone-to-phone analysis and I'm too dumb to be of much help.

There's potential for this thread. I hope it doesn't die.

Sent from VW dealership service lobby.
  4. Shibbey

Shibbey New Member

I have noticed that with a lower Down Threshold, it seems like the CPU stays at a higher speed than needed for longer period of time. I am going to slowly raise it to see what happens, but first, I want to try a different kernel. :)
  5. JasonAsWell

JasonAsWell New Member

I've been using 3G and WiFi interwebs a good portion of the morning. I am consistently reading 10-15 degrees cooler on all fronts than I would see during a typical love-in with my Droid. Still at 80% batt. Performance loss is a tad noticable, but not a deal breaker.
  6. ssgtboehnlein

ssgtboehnlein New Member

I use UD8, but no matter what rom I use My settings are 300000, 85,0,100 performance unreal chevy ulow 1250 kernel and also conserv.
    good luck all phone are diffrent my highest temp goes to 32 C but usally always 27 _ 28 C
  7. Shibbey

Shibbey New Member

My big reason for trying different kernels and SetCPU settings are temperature and battery life with good perfolrmance. I play Parallel Kingdom and Pocket Empires. While playing, I have seen my temp near 60c. Kinda scary.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. JasonAsWell

JasonAsWell New Member

After a full day of using those settings, I've come to the conclusion that it's too freakin' slow. Batt life and temp is tremendous, but I swear it got more and more laggy as the day wore on. Maybe I just got more and more impatient. *shrug*
Search tags for this page
conservative advanced settings setcpu

conservative scaling

conservative set cpu setting
set cpu conservative settings
setcpu conservative advanced settings
setcpu conservative settings
setcpu ondemand advance settings
setcpu scaling conservative
what is different between conservative android setcpu