set specific folder for music?

JFrankParnell

Reaction score
Howdy,
Droid Incredible. I want to tell the music player to play from only one folder. Right now, it is playing all the little songs from games and things. I want it it to play from my Music folder on SD and nowhere else.

thnks,

BWAT1009

Reaction score
Did u ever fix this?

Did you ever get a response to this question? I am having the same issue and want to accomplish the same thing. I don't need ringtones playing on my music player. Any help would be much appreciated.

OP
J

JFrankParnell

Reaction score
no, and I havent figured it out yet, either. I was going to try some different players, winamp, etc, but they all seem to have one or 2 little details of suckiness. Like, their widgets arent any good or too big, etc. please reply back if you figure it out, I will too.

Jeyman

Reaction score
It is not cheap but poweramp will allow you to pick what folders to read. Other free players may as well I no there is at least one other that lets you set a min size, forget what one. Might of been winamp.

If you find a way for the stock app to do it post it! bet others would love it.

BWAT1009

Reaction score
Well i never found a way to do it with the stock app but there is a free one that I downloaded from the market that is pretty cool. Called mixzing there is also a pay version that is add free but i am rooted and adfree anyway. If u dowload the app here are the instructions: while at the apps home screen hit the phone's MENU button>settings>Select music folders. you need to know what folder your songs are in in order for this to work correctly.

bill1253

Reaction score
I use the stock music player and to block all the unwanted tones I go in the folder and create a file and name it .nomedia
It works for music and pictures from showing up in the gallery

BWAT1009

Reaction score
Bill, I tried that and it removed the ringtones from player but I couldn't use them as ringtones either. It removed them automatically.??

Sent from my ADR6300 using DroidForums

bill1253

Reaction score
I guess it would hide them from use...

I use root explorer and copy the ringtones and paste them in /system/media/audio/ringtones and delete the tones I don't want then reboot

BWAT1009

Reaction score
That is the folder they are in. It's ok I appreciate the advice but I am going to stick with mixzing. It's actually pretty good, downloads album covers and let's u edit
tags all for free.