1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Set online image as wallpaper?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid X' started by IIGood, Aug 3, 2010.

1. IIGood

IIGood Member

Can this be done somehow? Say I see a picture that I like online on my X...is there a way to set it as the wallpaper for the phone?

Like with a PC you can just right-click an image and say "Set as wallpaper." Is there a similar function for Droid X?
  2. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

I think if you long press on the image you have the option to save it. Then just set it after it downloads.
  3. aminaked

aminaked New Member

Yep, that should work. You may have to wait a few seconds for the pic to be recognized by the gallery. If it doesn't show up, you can reboot the phone. Don't kill tasks!

The cool thing about android over apple is that this kind of thing is possible at all. OK, I'm not sure if apple prevents grabbing images off of web pages like this but it certainly has made it difficult (impossible?) to say, grab an mp3 off a web site and listen to it, all with your phone. The reason is that apple wants you to grab music through their store, not off the web. They use the same tactics that microsoft uses. It relies on locking the customer in. Android is closer to freedom. Along with that comes choice. And responsibility...the responsibility to learn the OS and to not mess it up. sniff sniff :icon_ cry::icon_ goofy::woot::soapbox::rating03:
Search tags for this page
android set wallpaper from web
how to get a pic of the internet and set as wallpaper
how to make a google image your phone background

how to set a google image as background on android

how to set a wallpaper from google images

how to set google image as background on android

how to set google images as wallpaper on android

how to set internet picture as background on android

how to set wallpaper from internet on android
how to set wallpaper on android from internet
how to set web image as wallpaper on android