Set online image as wallpaper?

IIGood

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S6
Can this be done somehow? Say I see a picture that I like online on my X...is there a way to set it as the wallpaper for the phone?

Like with a PC you can just right-click an image and say "Set as wallpaper." Is there a similar function for Droid X?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think if you long press on the image you have the option to save it. Then just set it after it downloads.

aminaked

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yep, that should work. You may have to wait a few seconds for the pic to be recognized by the gallery. If it doesn't show up, you can reboot the phone. Don't kill tasks!

The cool thing about android over apple is that this kind of thing is possible at all. OK, I'm not sure if apple prevents grabbing images off of web pages like this but it certainly has made it difficult (impossible?) to say, grab an mp3 off a web site and listen to it, all with your phone. The reason is that apple wants you to grab music through their store, not off the web. They use the same tactics that microsoft uses. It relies on locking the customer in. Android is closer to freedom. Along with that comes choice. And responsibility...the responsibility to learn the OS and to not mess it up. sniff sniff :icon_ cry::icon_ goofy::woot::soapbox::rating03: