Set cpu

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by sboman_32, Aug 14, 2010.

1. sboman_32

sboman_32 Member

way to close to the equator for my taste...
    Ratings:
    +0
    It seems like my droid is more stable when I uninstall SetCpu. Is anyone else having this problem? I tried using multiple profiles that I found on this site and nothing really worked for me. Any help???

2. AtrusNex

AtrusNex Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've also had problems with SetCPU. I've pretty much traced my partial wake lock problems to the program (the device won't go to sleep even when you turn off the screen and kills your battery life). I don't know if these issues are due to the new Froyo Superuser program having issues, or if it's just a problem with SetCPU.

3. MotoCache1

MotoCache1 Chief Droid Scientist

Ratings:
    +1
    I have everything set to "passive" on SetCPU and don't really see any issues. You could always get rid of all of your profiles except the failsafe ones and manually adjust the max to whatever you need for what you're doing (and let the "ondemand" governor handle the rest).

Not sure what version of Superuser you have, but if it's not 2.3.1 you should check it out. The 2.2.x version of Superuser has a bug in it that negatively affects apps which request su at boot (like SetCPU can if you set it that way). The 2.3.x specifically fixes that issue and others.

4. AtrusNex

AtrusNex Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, I'll try running the newer superuser from the CM nightlies on my RC2. I had heard there was an issue with SU access on start-up that had caused a lot of people to revert back to SU 2.1 until it was fixed. Hopefully, that will do the trick. As far as I know, SU causes partial wake lock problems with any settings on my phone.

5. Jim 777

Jim 777 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +11
    i'm running only Ultimate Juice to throttle CPU and I'm still torn on whether or not it's any better. If nothing else, it's not worse.

6. coolbho3000

coolbho3000 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't believe I have to explain this, but here goes:

1. Just having SetCPU installed DOES NOTHING.
    2. Having profiles enabled runs a background service that DOES NOTHING until it needs to set speeds. Unless you have SetCPU checking CPU temperature on an interval, then it periodically wakes up to check CPU temperature.
    3. Having a widget on the screen with "passive" refresh DOES NOTHING until the service or the app tells it to change the reading.

There is no way SetCPU can make your phone "less stable" just being installed.

Mike

7. MotoCache1

MotoCache1 Chief Droid Scientist

Ratings:
    +1
    That is true - but if you don't know what you're doing there's all sorts of stupid mistakes you could make with profiles you've created that would surely make your Droid run like crap.

8. AtrusNex

AtrusNex Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually from my tests, what you said seems to be wrong. I don't run widgets. I'm not using profiles. I can even turn off set at boot. Just having SetCPU installed on my phone for some reason causes it to never sleep. I have to uninstall it and reset the phone to get it to sleep. SetCPU might not be directly responsible for my phone being stuck in partial wake lock, but it is certainly at least indirectly affecting my phone by being installed.

I have tried running SU Permissions 2.31 to see if that would fix the issues and it did not.

FYI, I'm running CyanogenMod 6 RC2 with ChevyNo1 7-slot 125-800 MHz ULV Kernel.

9. Skull One

Skull One Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Unexplained application behavior is usually the first sign off a voltage issue. You might wan to test a higher voltage kernel.

10. AtrusNex

AtrusNex Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll try flashing a LV Kernel instead.

11. AtrusNex

AtrusNex Member

Ratings:
    +0
    With some minor testing, it seems to have done the trick. Now I'll try P3Droid's kernel so I can underclock again instead of being stuck at 250MHz. I'll keep you guys posted.

12. Skull One

Skull One Member

Ratings:
    +6
    You can also try cvpcs' 125mhz based lv kernels. That is what I run. His 1.0.0 release thread has the link to them.

Search tags for this page
set cpu dont wake when locked
setcpu android wake lock
setcpu make wakelock

setcpu wakelock

setcpu wakelock cpu
uninstall set cpu
will set cpu droid incredible 2