set cpu set to 600 min save your battery?

did setting your set cpu min to 600 help your battery life?

• yes it did

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no it didnt

• cant tell

• bacon

• Total voters

evilsock

Reaction score
i saw someone post it and tried it, and .....wow. i have a spare battery and charger, (from d1 thank got its same battery ,lol)so i never really care about the battery , but it made it almost a full day and a half with heavy use, im talking i played a 4 and a half hour tournament on UB.net tethered to d2. while listening to the music player. screen was off, but only barely touched batt life. im just now about to swap batteries.

so try it before u answer the poll please.

ljbaumer

Reaction score
I just installed set cpu and it is set to 300 min and 1000 max by default so going to 600 min should loose battery right?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do like bacon.

When I was rooted running at 1ghz it appears that there may be a very slight difference in battery use. Wouldn't that show up under either Android OS or Android System? I think if you notice increased use in those two you would probably be able to tell.

But then again my theory is to have spare batteries or a charger near by so you don't have to worry about that. Weird concept but it works.

OP
evilsock

evilsock

Reaction score
think about it, upping the min just makes it active when its not in sleep , u can change sleep profile back to 300. but im not sure how but it worked on mine, for sure.
maybe it makes it faster and more efficant and that saves battery

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
So, you are saying to raise the minimum setting on your processor speed from 300 to 600 and that will save battery life? That makes no sense what so ever. Usually the lower the speed when your phone is sleeping the better battery life you get.

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
I guess the theory is that energy is saved by less of a fluctuation, regardless of speed...to a point.

I'll try almost anything once. Not a huge move but Im gonna go from 1000/250 to 800/550 and give it a shot. Personally though the JD data off widget has more than doubled my battery life the last week.

Sorry for going a bit OT, t.........

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
evilsock

evilsock

Reaction score
So, you are saying to raise the minimum setting on your processor speed from 300 to 600 and that will save battery life? That makes no sense what so ever. Usually the lower the speed when your phone is sleeping the better battery life you get.

makes sence or not but it works, its not gonna hurt anything to try

cdipier2

Reaction score
i just set mine to 600. i will let you know how it works tomorrow

Jim 777

Silver Member
Reaction score
I love my phone sure. Don't know how I got along without.

But bacon!?!?! Why good!

Quie2Droid

Reaction score

makes sence or not but it works, its not gonna hurt anything to try

Oh, I will def try it. Just think from what I have used on my rooted Droid 1, this is all backwards. But, you never know.

cdipier2

Reaction score
its been 15 hours and 34 minutes since i took my d2 off charge this morning and right now my battery is at 30 percent. i used my phone alot more today then i normally do and the battery is usually the same at this point. so life did increase a little bit and the phone seems a little quicker as well