Set CPU question.

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by Hell Toupee, Apr 6, 2010.

1. Hell Toupee

Hell Toupee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm sure this has been asked and answered but I can't seem to find the answer. If I have a profile set for charging and a diffrent one foe sleep, when I put my Droid in the MM charging cradle and push the sleep button what profile is it using ? My first guess would be that charging would override sleep. If this is the case is there any kind of work around ? Thanks

2. NeverEndingXsin

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not sure exactly and I do the same thing lol, ummmm hmmm idk only thing I can think of is either turn off one of the profiles or set them to the same thing. Like mine are 550/250 for both charging and sleeping, but i'd assume charging takes priority in this case

3. gavron

gavron Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    They go in order of conditions that are met. If Charging is before sleep and you are charging... charging count.

As for the question of work-around... while you're charging I'm not sure what you want to accomplish since you didn't explain how the profiles are different.

Here's what I do:
    1. Sleep 125MHz.
    2. Charging 550MHz. <--- I use this so if I screw up the settings and get them too high or out of whack, I can plug it in and reboot it, and it will come up at 550 and still be usable
    3. Normal use - 800MHz or more depending on what I'm testing.

I've used AdamZ's kernels (love them but they don't have 125MHz) and now use ChevyNo1's. He has 125MHz but unfortunately he has 550 not 600MHz.

My ideal kernel would have
    125...600...1000 1100 1200 1250

That way I have a low speed for sleep (125MHz), a normal speed for when things are just sitting around (600MHz), and overclock speeds to try.

E

4. Hell Toupee

Hell Toupee Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry I didn't give my setup. Charging 700/250 because I use my phone off and on while charging and 250/125 for Sleep because I don't get a lot of calls and don't mind if it lags picking it up to answer. I just call back if it does and 90% of thr time its my wife. Might change to 250/250. So if I disable my charging profile before I cradle the phone then push the sleep button that should "fix" it ? Kinda a PITA but not a huge deal. What I'm trying to accomplish is having a higher charge speed but when I cradle the phone and put it to sleep a lower speed because I will be asleep also and don't get SMSs that late. Thanks

#4 Hell Toupee, Apr 6, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2010
  5. mjones1052

mjones1052 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You know the answer to this question is in the help for SetCPU right?

And it is not in order of what you did, the profiles are listed in order of priority. So your right, charging is over sleeping, but it's not because you were charging first.

6. machineheadg2r

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah just put the widget on your screen you can tap it and snap off the profile in the jiffy, i happen to adjust setCPU alot. The results are worth it :) I currently have charging low, as the only time I use the phone while charging is in the car with GPS