Set CPU question on bb.4

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by jmeden, Aug 10, 2010.

1. jmeden

jmeden New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So I finally installed this and within my first few moments of playing with it I dragged the max cpu to the top, and it turns out it is only like 528 mhz. This was a lot lower than the standard settings on bb.4. I didn't install a different kernel, so it's the same one that comes standard. Is there any way to change this back to how it was before? I liked 800 mhz a lot more than the 500s.
    I actually found out I can just reboot to change it back to normal, but is there any way to make setcpu overclock if I'm using the standard bb.4 kernel or will I have to use one to allow me to do that? Thanks for the help.

2. DF Smod

DF Smod Silver Member

Ratings:
    +92
    800mhz is the kernel that comes with BB0.4 if you are trying to O/C more you need to install a different kernel

3. jmeden

jmeden New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually I just meant bringing it back to even 800. It wouldn't let me set it to anything higher than 528 or something around there. Is there a setting or something I'm missing? I couldn't find anything.

4. PriestSyrinx

PriestSyrinx Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually, you just need to go into Set CPU and have it auto-detect the speeds. Just hit the menu key in SetCPU, click on "Device Selection", then hit the Auto Detect Frequency option. That should fix your issue.

5. jmeden

jmeden New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't believe I missed that. It worked! Thanks for the help! dancedroid

Search tags for this page

set cpu only goes to 1200