Service

Yanks2015

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei h866c
Hi i have a huawei h866c phone without sim card and been using it without have to put money on it is that possible

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

You won't be able to use it to make traditional calls without a SIM card. However there are WiFi calling options, like Vonage that may work. You could also try out things like Google Hangouts.

OP
Y

Yanks2015

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei h866c
Can i use it just for the play store and web without buying airtime

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Welcome to DF! Yes, with WiFi you can use it for almost everything including the playstore and the Web.

sent from my Note3, (currently, but soon to be??) using tapatalk

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Welcome..

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
As others said you can use it on Wi-Fi for anything that is web and data. Without a sim card you can't make calls to other phones over the cellular network.

However if you download and install GrooVe IP Lite you can make and receive phone calls over Wi-Fi just like a cellular phone without a sim card. GrooVe IP Lite gives you a real phone number that others can call you on, and you can call their regular phone numbers too.

It has a regular phone dial pad and works great. In fact sound quality is actually better than standard cellular calls and close to the sound quality of the new HD Calling that is on Verizon and also possibly on other networks.

GrooVe IP Lite is in the Google Play store.

OP
Y

Yanks2015

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei h866c
Can i use it just for that with the 3g cdma network

OP
Y

Yanks2015

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei h866c
That question has been answered. You can't use it for anything but WiFi. That means no 3G or 4G or CDMA or Edge or any cellular anything without a SIM card
is there a way to get free wifi instead of using your own wifi

OP
Y

Yanks2015

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Huawei h866c
That question has been answered. You can't use it for anything but WiFi. That means no 3G or 4G or CDMA or Edge or any cellular anything without a SIM card
I also have a android h866c huawei and i have a sd card in it that is 32gb and even though i have it set to go to the sd card it still tells me not enough space