Service worse in big city?

MrTommy

Reaction score
As odd as this sounds, I got lousier service when I took my Moto Droid I back to Chicago. I live in Carson City, NV. I recently flew back there to assist my aging mother in moving. I get good 3G service here in Carson City, and most of Northern Nevada gives me at least 1G (as good as can be expected in rural Nevada, I guess). Once back in Chicago (in the actual city, not a suburb), I was constantly losing my web access, and I watched the cell service go up and down (mostly down…). :mad: Here in “wild west” Nevada, it seems to work better. I don’t get it. I stay out of Chicago every chance I get – ha. Now that I'm back home, the phone is working fine. What's up with that?

Can it be because there are literally millions more people using the services in Chicago than out here? It just seemed to me like everything I did on my phone took longer.

zomnomnombie

Reaction score
This happens in downtown New Orleans vs some of the suburbs as well. Particularly inside buildings.

Sent from my R2 unit using DroidForums

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Imagine being at a bar with 5 people and 4 bartenders everyone gets drinks pretty quickly, add 100 people and only 4 bartenders it gets slow. So think of thousands of people pulling of a specified number of towers and you have your answer.

Its still better then Att&t. If your in a sports arena forget about using that Iphone.

OP
MrTommy

MrTommy

Reaction score
Yeah, kinda what I was thinking. Makes me glad I moved out of Chicago 30+ years ago!