Service problem???

Reaction score
Well yesterday I was up north at a grad party and I had no 3g network. I knew there was no 4g up there. I was like no big deal I dont care. But what made me mad is my sisters boyfriend has the incrediable and was sitting right across from me and had 3 to 4 bars of 3g and my sister has a older touch screen samsung not a smart phone and had atleast 2 bars of 3g. What is up with this. I got my thunderbolt thursday so its not a week old. How come they have 3g when I dont?

johnd09

Reaction score
The thunderbolt uses a different 3g signal which allows for simultaneous voice and data, it also helps the phone in swapping back and forth between 4g and 3g. However, not every tower has the technology on it and I dont think that signal carries as far as standard revision 3.

xXGH05TXx

Reaction score
When that happens try dialing *228 and option 2 that updates ur roaming signal. C if that helps.

Now here's the odd part about ur situation. At my moms house I have the same issue but its in random spots in the house.

Example: if I sit at the dinner table I get no bars but if I walk 10ft to the living room BAAAM!!! FULL BARS! I dont get it either.

RubiX Focused DX

OP
B
Reaction score
I tried *228 and as soon as I hit send a message comes up and says something like a Verizon wireless sim had activated your service. I never had a problem before on my old phone dialing *228 but this phone won't let me. Why is this?

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
When that happens try dialing *228 and option 2 that updates ur roaming signal. C if that helps.

Now here's the odd part about ur situation. At my moms house I have the same issue but its in random spots in the house.

Example: if I sit at the dinner table I get no bars but if I walk 10ft to the living room BAAAM!!! FULL BARS! I dont get it either.

RubiX Focused DX

That doesn't work on 4G devices since we carry a sim card. Remember to activate our service we need to call the 1877 number. When that happens go to settings/wireless networks/radios and try changing the radios from auto to cdma only, evdo only, lte mode etc etc

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums