service on sprint

droidworld

Reaction score
Spending a lot of time on 3g network. What is going on here? It will jump to lte but ends up falling back to 3g

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
We'll need a little more information. Is your device stock or rooted? Has your area always had 4G or is it new to your area? If you've had 4G since you got your device, how long has this been going on? Have you contacted your carrier to see if they are perhaps working on a tower near you?

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
You need to remember that if a phone does not have a strong LTE connection, it will always look for what signal is strongest. If that is 3G, that's what it will go down to. When my demo Sprint S5 has one bar and says LTE, it will often drop to 3 bars and show 3G. I've noticed it spends a lot of time on 3G as well, but part of that is because Sprint's network improvements are not complete in my area yet

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
We'll need a little more information. Is your device stock or rooted? Has your area always had 4G or is it new to your area? If you've had 4G since you got your device, how long has this been going on? Have you contacted your carrier to see if they are perhaps working on a tower near you?

I'm sorry I realize I was a bit brief with the info. I just recently switched over to sprint and hopped on the framily plan unlimited talk text and data. I bought the s5 in dallas texas and the 4g lte was a bit iffy there too. Im current in california and have never had 4g issues up until now with sprint. I have not called my carrier but will be doing so today to see if this is a fixable problem. Everything else is great but this issue.

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
You need to remember that if a phone does not have a strong LTE connection, it will always look for what signal is strongest. If that is 3G, that's what it will go down to. When my demo Sprint S5 has one bar and says LTE, it will often drop to 3 bars and show 3G. I've noticed it spends a lot of time on 3G as well, but part of that is because Sprint's network improvements are not complete in my area yet

I see. Well is it fair to say that sprints network is currently not up to par with the other major carriers?

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score

I've done some research on this and it appears this is a major issue. Check the link.
https://community.sprint.com/baw/mo...ssion?content=/api/core/v2/discussions/157300

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I see. Well is it fair to say that sprints network is currently not up to par with the other major carriers?
It is well known that Sprint is not up to pay with other carriers. I typically explain to my customers that Sprint is giving you more bang for your buck (unlimited data), but not necessarily the best coverage compared to the big 2

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
It is well known that Sprint is not up to pay with other carriers. I typically explain to my customers that Sprint is giving you more bang for your buck (unlimited data), but not necessarily the best coverage compared to the big 2

Agreed after wintnessing this for myself

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
True that. As a CDMA type network, Sprint is much less successful than Verizon - which may explain their obsession with merging with T-Mobile, a GSM network.

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
True that. As a CDMA type network, Sprint is much less successful than Verizon - which may explain their obsession with merging with T-Mobile, a GSM network.

And I can say I'm praying for that merger in hopes of a better network. .

Bluesman2008

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung GS5
I talked my sister into getting rid of her dinosaur flip phone and got a GS5 from Sprint (she didn't tell me that part). It was crap. From the time we got it home, it wouldn't call anywhere, couldn't get online, couldn't get to google to sign in to download from the store. I told her to take it back the next day, yell and scream at the salesman and switch to ATT or VZW. She got ATT and everything was fine out of the box. Sprint is awful. Just awful. Try call their help line and getting a live person. Good luck with that.

OP
D

droidworld

Reaction score
I talked my sister into getting rid of her dinosaur flip phone and got a GS5 from Sprint (she didn't tell me that part). It was crap. From the time we got it home, it wouldn't call anywhere, couldn't get online, couldn't get to google to sign in to download from the store. I told her to take it back the next day, yell and scream at the salesman and switch to ATT or VZW. She got ATT and everything was fine out of the box. Sprint is awful. Just awful. Try call their help line and getting a live person. Good luck with that.

Sprint can give you the blues lol. The last couple of weeks my network has been better hope that continues to improve overtime.