Service on my new incredible 2

Toyotaguy82

Reaction score
Switched from Droid X to Incredible 2 a few days ago. I have noticed the signal strength isn't as good as the X was. Used to have full 3G signal if not full 1X in my house and now I barely have any 3G.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

efbld2f

Reaction score
It's a pretty common Dinc2 issue from what I've seen. I heard there was a fix coming out at one point, but I don't know when.

I've got the same problem, incidentally. Best of luck!

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
I held my X next to my Inc2 both at home and at work, where reception is poor, and in both places the dbm's were not only stronger on the Inc2, but steadier a well. I've had a couple of inc2's and reception has been great regardless...I'm sure location plays a part, but still...

--
sent from my Inc2

ABQNM

Reaction score
I held my X next to my Inc2 both at home and at work, where reception is poor, and in both places the dbm's were not only stronger on the Inc2, but steadier a well. I've had a couple of inc2's and reception has been great regardless...I'm sure location plays a part, but still...

--
sent from my Inc2

Lucky you! I hold the X and the dinc2 side by side and I get about 20dbm lower on the dinc2 than the X. I was used to seeing on average -68 to -80dbm on the X at home. The -80 would be only once in a while, usually hovering about -72dbm. With the dinc2, the HIGHEST I have gotten in the same location is -84dbm. It usually sits around -90 to -104dbm.

I have not missed any calls on the dinc2, but it does translate to slower 3g speeds and spotty 3g connection. When I am on a call, the signal will jump up about 4dbm but I have yet to see it get above -84dbm. It also does report some time without signal, while my Droid X NEVER had lost signal in the same location. Consistently I see about 1-2% with no signal, as reported by the OS on the dinc2.

The signal worries me a little bit in low signal areas, but I have yet to encounter an issue. If I do, I will likely be calling Verizon for a new phone again.

shockracer

Reaction score
I have had perfect signal every were I have gone and in my house, but the wife dis fight with VZW and got us a free Range Extender with 3G, so that does help.

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
The service signal seems ok. It's ok in my house but some parts of my home seems to also be a deadzone some how. Regardless I'm happy I got a new phone then a glitchy buggy effed up voyager

Sent from my Droid Incredible 2

ABQNM

Reaction score
The service signal seems ok. It's ok in my house but some parts of my home seems to also be a deadzone some how. Regardless I'm happy I got a new phone then a glitchy buggy effed up voyager

A Voyager? Yeah this is definitely a big upgrade for you. lol I had that back in 2007 to 2008 when I got sick of Windows Mobile problems. Then I got sick of not having a smart phone and went to a blackberry. Then to the Droid 1. I am a bit of a phone junkie. This is phone model number 45.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I still have my voyager as backup because it is unsellable lol. I thought it was pretty cool though, it had a good camera and an antenna for mobile tv.

Btw I get more than great signal on my Inc2. I am not sure what is causing issues for others. I wouldn't use the bars to gauge signal strength though, they don't seem to be accurate. Make sure the battery door isn't damaged and seated properly. There are antenna in the door.

Sent from my Inc2

M

Mwsr

My signal is bad also on inc2 coming from a fascinate. This phone would be close to perfect if it wasn't for that

midweststreetryders.com

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
For those talking about the service, you are going off the actual phone signal, not the bars, correct? I'm showing no bars right now but a -75 signal. HTC has always been odd about their signal displays.

Darkpsycho

Reaction score
For those talking about the service, you are going off the actual phone signal, not the bars, correct? I'm showing no bars right now but a -75 signal. HTC has always been odd about their signal displays.

This.

M

Mwsr

Iv never checked my actual strength but in going off actual experience. There are areas Im in where I had 3g on my fascinate and now can barely use net or apps with this. Areas where I was able to talk before but now lose signal and get disconnected.. etc..

The antenna is on a plastic cover I dont know anything about how they work but it just seems like a dumb place to put a antenna and that it wouldn't work well.

midweststreetryders.com

ABQNM

Reaction score
The bars not updating issue happened on my Droid X once I upgraded to GB as well. I think I posted in one of these signal threads about it. I have used mobile signal widget for a long time because it is more accurate. Also any numbers I have posted in this thread are either from the network info or debug mode. I prefer to use debug mode as it updates the quickest.

geoffwoerner

Reaction score
Got my new 2 and was excited to be able to stream radio today but no signal all day, no mail, FB Web nothing, text and calls but nothing data related. Right now I am on my wifi and can do everything, I'm sure going to be pissed if this turns out to be no better than my old pay as you go virgin phone.