Service Notification Beeps

denlem

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to turn off the service notification beeps? I've looked and looked and can't find the option. Don't know if it's not there or i'm just overlooking it.

I live in an area where cell service pretty much does not exist. Well, it does exist, but i'm in a dead spot.

Anyway, every few seconds to every few minutes i'm annoyed with a chirp each time the service is either lost or reconnected.

All I want to do is turn the chirp off!

Any suggestions?

rastephens

Reaction score
I haven't been able to figure it out, either. I'd sure like to turn it off, since it beeps every time I get on the elevator in my office building!

OP
denlem

denlem

Reaction score
I'm at the point now where I have to mute the phone while at home. Hopefully this is on their fix list.

JackiA

Reaction score
I've posted everywhere I can trying to find a solution, but to no avail. I've submitted something to both Verizon and Samsung support hoping at least if they hear from enough people it will get put on the "fix it FAST" list. I encourage everyone to contact both Samsung and Verizon and do the same. The more they hear about it, the more likely they are to escalate it.

JackiA

Reaction score
Sorry for the double post, but...
I just spent an hour on the phone with Samsung support. Each tech along the way was surprised at this issue, tried different things, and couldn't believe there wasn't a way to turn off the alert. Could not find a fix but understands the issue and how annoying this is. I went as far as level 3 - the highlest level of tech support - and my tech then wrote up a ticket and is sending this up further for review.

I had to tell them that this is an issue many people are discussing across forums and I asked him to note that on the ticket.

Please, if this is an issue for you, call Samsung mobile support
1-888-987-4357 and escalate the issue to level 3 and then make sure they send a ticket further up for review.

They need to hear from a lot of people to take this seriously.

By the way...if you want the Tech to be able to recreate the problem, tell them to put a Fascinate in Airplane Mode. When they take it out of Airplane Mode, when the phone finds a signal, it will make the alert tone we are complaining about.

Last edited:
OP
denlem

denlem

Reaction score
Excellent information! Hopefully people calling will help get this fixed!

kenjunior

Reaction score
I logged my call.................

He told me to put the phone in silent mode before taking it off Airplane Mode. I laughed and told him, my desk is on a fringe area and it finds service numerous times a day, Samsung needs to fix it, not work around a stupid notification. He chuckled and said he was putting a note to his supervisor.

I did my part today.

KJ

JackiA

Reaction score
KJ,
Did you get the OTA update that came out about 1 1/2 weeks ago? I ask because the update fixed the issue with the Service Notifcation Beeps. Updating removes the audible notifcation.

kenjunior

Reaction score
Just got this phone Monday (like 3 days ago). Its not mine but rather a co-workers phone and on my corporate plan. I will grab it from him after lunch and force all updates....... lets HOPE it will be that easy.