service issues

panteramatt

Reaction score
Im having problems getting good cell service on my s3 at my work. Basically its either good 3g, little 1x or notta. Now if i restart my phone ill have 4g for a little while then itll go back to bad. Why is that? Anything i can do to get a better signal? Im on verizon.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Is your work located in an area of a weak signal? Samsung doesn't use the strongest radios in the game, but you should still have pretty decent signal. Any other Verizon customers in your building to compare your signal to?

If your work has wifi, I'd recommend you stay on wifi, otherwise your battery is going to drain fairly quickly with your data signal trying to maintain a good signal.

OP
P

panteramatt

Reaction score
Yea theres wifi here but need the password and they donr give it out.

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
What is the point in *having* a wifi setup if no one can access it? You've approached your IT department and asked for help in accessing the wifi system?

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Well, not much can be about that.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
So they don't let their own employees access the work's wifi network....ridiculous.

Welp not much we can do to help then. No real way to boost your signal either without a network extender either and you need internet connection provided by your work's router, for that to work.

chadwick108

Reaction score
Try changing the modem and flashing another modem to see if it does any better. I have this same problem as I am in a metal building at work but I am that guy who set up the wifi. I had same problems with text messaging and picture messaging.

RLS16.1 hyperdriven SCH-I545 via tapatalk