1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Service improved with 4.9

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by devator22, Nov 6, 2010.

1. devator22

devator22 New Member

I have been having problems with really bad service for a while. I would *22899 it weekly and it did nothing. Now, note that I used to have really awesome service in the same location back on ss 4.6. But every rom I have tried recently, UD, BB, Cyanogen, etc...they all killed my 3G. That is until SS 4.9. I have noticed a marked improvement in my signal, and I get 3G in places where I couldn't have gotten it previously. I don't know if this was an intentional change or not, but either way, thanks Chevy. This is why I'm an SS fan for life.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App
  2. buckmarble

buckmarble Developer Theme Developer Developer

I have had the same results with the signal. Also, this is probly the most efficient and fast rom I've used in quite a while. Stable, everything works, and great battery life with 1.1 ghz lv. My phone has always agreed with ss better than any other rom.

3. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Nice :)
  4. Rsswga

Rsswga New Member

what changes to the rom would improve signal..just curious..i dont have a good phone signal here inside the house, but i have good 3g. but i usually use wifi on my droid if im in the house
    phone signal usually between 95-100....
    i dont see how a rom will help where theres not much signal
  5. buckmarble

buckmarble Developer Theme Developer Developer

I'm not real sure about that, but my wifes phone is stock rooted, and both phone next to each other in same spot mine with ss had between 1 and 2 bars more showing than hers, 3g doesn't seem as spotty at my house anymore either. Very interesting.

6. s13_slider

s13_slider New Member

I'm noticing the same thing with the latest round of kernels. I have a steady 3g connection where last week in the same lab, I was having trouble maintaining 1x. Kinda weird, but cool. I'll take it.
  7. mkraffert

mkraffert New Member

I've noticed the same thing. Regardless of ROM, my reception was horrible. I even had problems in airports, and I've never heard of bad coverage in an airport. Now my reception is awesome. Thanks Chevy.
  8. 0vermind

0vermind New Member

I have been noticing the same thing. It was very frustrating last two weeks, I kept getting dropped 3G signal and even no 1X in some areas. Installed SS 4.9 and now I'm seeing my 3G 4 bars again. How awesome is that?