service bars issue??

makinascene

Reaction score
droid pro -
when i wake up my phone and it's on the "locked" screen, before you use your finger to swipe it unlocked, my service shows 5 bars, with no 3G symbol or anything, just 5 bars.
Then, when i unlock it, after a second the 3G shows up.

i feel like after the update, my phone service has been a lot worse. when my phone is idle, it says i have full service, but as soon as i connect to a call, it shows i have 0 bars.

can anyone shed some light on this? i've updated my phone and the roaming service and nothing seems to work.

StormyHeather

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy S21
Twitter
GAPeachHeather
Hm. You may want to check your power settings. I know that sometimes in the morning or when I haven't unlocked my phone in a while, it will have to reconnect to the network and it takes a couple seconds for it to connect. I don't worry when that happens, since I've not had a problem with it connecting. I freaked out the first time I noticed it though, because I figured my phone was ALWAYS connected. Then I realized what was going on.

To my knowledge: the BARS indicate your cellular signal. The bars doesn't have anything to do with your connection to the network (the data parts), which is the 3G indicator on your phone. That is why you can get telephone calls on your mobile, but can't connect to the internet or get emails or update your facebook page or twitter. I've had my 3G sometimes go back and forth between 3G and 1X if there are network problems.

I'm not sure why you would be having problems with your cellular service after an update. Someone around here with way more knowledge than I do will have an answer for that.

Good luck!