Seriously?!?!?!?!

mikeg

Reaction score
So, HTC advertises this phone as a great media player, they even include some good earbuds. So, how come there's interference when I listen to music via the stock music player or poweramp. It also happens with the provided earbuds or any of the 3 pairs of headphones I tried. It didn't matter the music I play. This is the second phone, the first one had the same problem. I'm seriously considering trading it in for something else.

I've called HTC and they said they're working on the problem. It just blows my mind they shipped a media phone with this problem.

mikeg

samiusmc

Reaction score
What kind of interference? My music sounds awesome.

soulshot96

Reaction score
Trade it in for a nexus my music sounds awesome and all beats is is a music equalizer. Which is built in to the stock music app.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not even an equalizer. It's no more than a loudness button on older electronics.
The advertisements choice in music is not geared toward the audiophile by any means so I wasn't expecting anything special. I also wasn't impressed with the earphones that are supposed to be all that, they don't sound any better to me than my $16 Skull Candy Inkd.
I have noticed music on my sd card sounds horrid but music on the phone is about as good as any Android phone gets without using Power Amp and with Power Amp I have to keep the pre amp settings lower to keep the bass from distorting

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
Sent from a Rezound phone via Blue TapaTalk

OP
M

mikeg

Reaction score
The noise I hear sounds like digital interference. I notice it when I am on 3g and data is transferring. I don't get it when I'm using wi-fi and we don't have 4g around here yet.

My complaint about the nexus is that it doesn't accept extra memory. It may not matter for a while but I want the option.

It all comes back to "seirously?!?!?!".

mikeg

mikeinctown

Reaction score
No noise on mine when listening to either Google music or Sirius. Is it only with music loaded on the phone?

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums.

OP
M

mikeg

Reaction score
mikeinctown,

Dunno, I guess I should try some other sources. I've got a bunch of music on the memory card. Shouldn't matter though, my old moto droid never gave me grief like this. Aside from this issue, I love the phone. But it all comes back to "seriously?".

mikeg

KOBALT

Reaction score
Try a different sd card. It's worth a try if its bothering you that much.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Droidwolf75

Reaction score
I hear the static too, but only if the soft keys are lit up. Figure that one out.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

cp24eva

Reaction score
could possibly be the area and the electronics you are around on a daily basis. I use my rezound for music a little over an hour a day for 20 mile stretches and I don't get this issue. and my music is on the SD card AND my softkeys lights are on from time to time as well. Is the interference happening EVERYWHERE you go?

OP
M

mikeg

Reaction score
Droidwolf, I get it whether or not the buttons are lit.

I tried listening to streaming radio to make sure it wasn't just music loaded on the phone and it was constant static since it was downloading via 3g. I could still hear the music but it was very annoying.

HTC is aware of the problem, even before I called it in.

mikeg

Droidwolf75

Reaction score
I hear the static whenever I plug in any head phones and the soft keys are lit. My first Rezound had a high pitched whine along with the static. So this one is an improvement. Hoping HTC can fix this with a patch or something.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk

acousticshade

Reaction score
This is a known issue with the phone and supposedly HTC is going to fix it with a 'software update'. I have my doubts about that, but we'll see - hopefully they are being honest with us. XDA has a huge thread on this (see below). The problem does not appear to be with the headphones or the music player as most people have reported it using many different headphones and different apps. Personally I think it's an interferance problem, possibly with using cheaper components somewhere or less than stellar build quality from a specific plant, but that's just speculation on my part.

The noise sounds kind of like a high pitch variable whine with some beeps/clicks in it. It is very faint and you won't hear it except on quiet pieces of music or before the music starts/ends. This 'cpu chatter' noise can be a problem with some electronic devices and you can sometimes hear it on devices that don't even have audio components if you hold it up to your ear. I had a high end Dell laptop that had horrible CPU chatter - glad I'm rid of that device.

People have had mixed results returning their phones for a replacement - I've only read of a few instances where the problem went away. You can try that or wait for the supposed software fix. I'm on the fence if I'm going to return mine. It might help to complain on HTC's website. The more complaints they get, the more they will take this seriously.

Audio Whining/Squealing/Buzzing Noise - xda-developers

acousticshade

Reaction score
Looks like HTC does have a fix in the works and we will get it in 2 weeks! This is great news as I really like the phone otherwise and want to recommend it to coworkers, but hesitate due to this issue.

Also interesting is the review in the second link. This is one of the only reviews I found that mentioned this problem (course most 'reviewers' now days don't have any serious technical background or they spend hardly any time with the phones since there are so many of them)

Something is not right regarding this sound feedback issue - HTC Rezound

HTC Rezound Review - IGN

demon69120

Reaction score
The earbuds are great... better than some sony ones I got for around $80. Sound awesome on my ipod, but yeah my rezound has some interference, not nearly as clear even with Beats Audo. Wish I could fix it