Seriously...

clarkstrange

Reaction score
This is getting on my nerves now. More than 2 weeks with no market(force closing). Now I can't even get Liberty GB cause my donate toolbox is gone and I can't get into my market to get it back/donate again. Somebody out there surely has a solution to my problem. PLEASE help.

Sent from a Liberated Droid X

SplicedX

Reaction score
Either restore to a clean rooted 2.3.340 if you made a back up or just do a full SBF back to 2.3.340 for a clean slate and reinstall Liberty. I had to SBF from Liberty Gingerbread back to Liberty 2.0.1 today and it took all of 30 minutes. No big deal.

OP
C

clarkstrange

Reaction score
I didn't know it was such an easy process. Will SBFing unroot me? And will all my apps load back up?

SplicedX

Reaction score
you will lose root and all your apps. but google backs everything up. all you need is to keep Z4 root on your SD card. SBF'ing doesnt touch the card. then after rooting, install Droid X bootstrap. ABOVE ALL, READ UP ON THE PROCESS OF HOW TO SBF FIRST!!!! VERY IMPORTANT!!

OP
C

clarkstrange

Reaction score
How do I make sure my apps are backed up to google? I've got TB. Will that work?

bkendrick

Reaction score
If you downloaded or purchased the app from the market then Google has it. You can use TB to restore the data into the apps.

DX. CFU. LIB 2.0.1

OP
C

clarkstrange

Reaction score
What about the drivers? What do I Google to find the current ones? Also, I'm on 2.2.1. Do I need to SBF to 320 then to 340? Or does it matter?

I'll run out of questions eventually. Lol

droskie3000

Reaction score
What about the drivers? What do I Google to find the current ones? Also, I'm on 2.2.1. Do I need to SBF to 320 then to 340? Or does it matter?

I'll run out of questions eventually. Lol

in regards to the dirvers, go to motorola website directly and find the usb and usb chargind drivers, download and install them.

as for sbfing, find a good writeup and follow the instructions precisly. failure to do so WILL result in a usless hunk of plastic, unless you need a new paperweight.

im sure somebody here will have a direct link for a good write up for sbfing but if not ill try to bring up a good link

kevcube

Reaction score
Don't scare him, if you mess up on the directions you'll still be able to sbf to something else.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
Don't scare him, if you mess up on the directions you'll still be able to sbf to something else.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Agreed - the only real "downside" to doing an sbf install is that you lose the ability to launch thermonuclear weapons from your Droid X (JOKING!). :)

Using sbf is amazingly easy - I just went through it about a week ago, and to sbf, using RSD Lite, run z4root, download Droid X Bootstrap and Titanium Backup from the market and reinstall everything took maybe 10-15 minutes and was MUCH easier than rooting my HTC Inspire.

You'll do fine! :)

-Mike

droskie3000

Reaction score
i wasnt trying to scare anybody just make him aware.

in regards to the sbf file that you will need, check out this site.

Droid X SBF

your going to want to use the first link android 2.2.1 system version 2.3.340

make sure that your bootloader is version 30.04 and grab the latest copy of rsd lite (google it i think its version 4.9 now.)

once you have the drivers installed as well as rsd lite and youve confirmed that your bootloader is 30.04 your good to go..

on the above site i provided, there is a link for a complete sbf fhasling guide, i suggest you read that over. its one of the last links on the page..

as long as you follow directions, you should be back at stock 2.3.340.

once thats done, you can redownload z4root on the above site and reroot then your back to familar terrority..

good luck and let us know if you have any issues and we can try and help you through it..