Seriously. What are the improvements?

baboon619

Reaction score
Since the update I have seen improvements in the stock apps fixing the FC's on battery and camera. No new problems found as of yet which is nice.
Still running stock phone since in my eyes it is still new.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

jgrizz

Reaction score
I'm not sold yet. My phone is too awesome on RubiX Focused 1.9 non-leak to change things. Plus I don't feel like an SBF right now....dancedroid

sephtin

Reaction score
I'm currently on 2.3.340 courtesy of TBH. I've only had that lock screen reboot happen once, and that was months ago before this update. Camera seems to focus just fine when I press the on screen button.

If you installed it via TBH, you probably have 2.3.320 with the 2.3.340 system dir, make sure you installed the patches:
TBH Patches: 2.3.340-System, Baseband, 2.3.340-Kernel, Bootloader

My only main concern was this random CPU glitch I kept encountering. There was something on my phone, a process hidden from the user, that kept ramping the CPU to 100% and would stay like that until the phone rebooted. I have a feeling it was a bug in the kernel, because *every* rom I tried encountered that problem. So far its been fine, but I'll have to go at least a week before I give it the okay.
SetCPU has been known to do this, have seen multiple reports. I believe there are other apps that can cause this as well... Especially stuff that tries to handle battery, tasks, memory, etc. Try removing anything you've got that is supposed to "improve performance/battery/memory/etc., verify the issue is gone, then start putting them back one at a time to see what's causing...

I'm pleased at all the little bug fixes they've made. I'm disappointed that the old root method, along with Super One Click, doesn't work anymore. Not sure if I was doing something wrong, but every time I ran RageAgainstTheCage it just locked the phone up and crashed adb. z4root will work for now, but what happens when Gingerbread comes out? *worried*

Going to be a LOONNNGGGG time before we see any GB love on DroidX... that isn't via a custom ROM. I'm confident someone will find a way before then.

sephtin

Reaction score
Another bit of crap with the update. The lights on the menu, home, back, and search key no longer light up.
I keep finding more things that don't work. This phone is going back tomorrow.
Edit: Camera used to work but took crappy pictures, now it won't even open.
Edit: Data Mgr was just a black screen, still a black screen that force closes now.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

Sounds like corrupt data/cache. Time to Factory Reset (either boot to android recovery and Factory reset, or do it via
Menu> Settings> Privacy> Factory Data Reset

I'm guessing that would fix most if not all of those issues.
HTH!

sephtin

Reaction score
At present moment (aside from the slidelock restart issue with 928 bgx) I'm very peachy with what I got.

Sitting Bull for now....

You have that issue too? I got no lock from market and tried that all day with no restarts. Only thing about it is any button turns on screen. But I don't mind that.

The other cool thing is when you get off a call you don't have to unlock again.

c]=[k(V)8's Droid X Tapatalk

Meh, No Lock with something like WidgetLocker to bring back the lock screen is a good alternative as well.. good stuff. :)

250 or point 65

Reaction score
Edit, I had the ninja icon, but i was no longer rooted. Used the z4root method everyone's using and had no issues.

ISSUE #1: I always use my wifi connection when I am at home because the batter lasts soo much longer. Now with the new update, it logs off my network after so long. When I turn the phone back on, it logs itself back in...similar to what it does in nighttime saver mode. Only now, it does it all the time ... eventhough I have changed it to performance mode. Is there a new setting that I need to change?

thetomas

Reaction score
For me, the new dialer is completely unusable, because it crashes with an lcd density lower than stock. There's no way i'm giving up all this screen space on my display, so I'll be using dialer one until they fix it. The update has been fine otherwise, except that i've had to remove bloat again.

jhatton

Reaction score
And you all still think the android is a top OS? hmmm...

Let me ask you something jhatton. Why did you become a member at the Droid Forums? I've looked at all of your post and they all seem to be negative comments made towards the Android OS.

Now everyone is entitled to an opinion and I'm not saying you can't have yours but if you intent in joining this forum was just to make comments that are negative, then we are going to have an issue.

If you have something to actually contribute then by all means please do. But comments like this one serve only one purpose: To cause people to get defensive and start arguments. Either say something other then "hmmmmm" at the end of your post or don't post it up at all

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

I just speak the truth about the OS and the droid...Not my fault you think the phone rocks and the OS as well? When All you got to do is read all the troubles they have with ALL the droid phones...HMMMMMMM

sephtin

Reaction score
Let me ask you something jhatton. Why did you become a member at the Droid Forums? I've looked at all of your post and they all seem to be negative comments made towards the Android OS.

Now everyone is entitled to an opinion and I'm not saying you can't have yours but if you intent in joining this forum was just to make comments that are negative, then we are going to have an issue.

If you have something to actually contribute then by all means please do. But comments like this one serve only one purpose: To cause people to get defensive and start arguments. Either say something other then "hmmmmm" at the end of your post or don't post it up at all

:rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon::rockon:

I just speak the truth about the OS and the droid...Not my fault you think the phone rocks and the OS as well? When All you got to do is read all the troubles they have with ALL the droid phones...HMMMMMMM

Please stop feeding the trolls. Or ban him.. that'd be better yet. he obviously doesn't have anything to contribute.. :p

jhatton

Reaction score
before I get banned for liked the 100th time on here...Which is too funny in its own right. LMAO to the moderators. Pretty bad when you got to hack a operating system just to get to work right. WHY is that? have any of your idiots have ever asked yourself that question?? I seriously doubt it. Now why is that? ask yourself if you have the guts too. Or you just fall in line with the rest of the world that have bought the phone and regretted it, cause the phone companies screwyou on the contract. The droid OS is the Worst operating system ever. Only reason its in the top five, is all the people buying them You know it and I know..You just won't admit like me...

Don't worry moderators, I won't be back and YES I can if I wish it...ther so many ways in here...

Goodbye

Why did I sign up, just to prove to you that I can after I got banned the other 100 times....whose counting really...I'm a man of my world and I won't be back.....:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana::blackberry::blackberry::blackberry::blackberry::blackberry::blackberry:

dlbrown75

Reaction score
The only reason I would even think about the update is because I am worried that future updates of rubix will need the update, but if I can still get the updated versions of rubix then there is no way i will come out of root for some ads. My phone works great. I havent noticed the first glitch.

OP
the5barrons

the5barrons

Reaction score
Did the update last night after sbf. Seems smooth so far. Nothing really to noticeable. I guess I have no expectations cause there want anything really wrong prior to. We'll see what happens aster I start loading in root and theme.

"what evrrrrr"