Seriously Verizon?!? Are you releasing ANY new phones with Keyboards?

Discussion in 'Android General Discussions' started by shoot2scre, Jan 13, 2011.

1. 666ogre666

666ogre666 Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Really? I can barely use the flat keyboard.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

2. souljerr

souljerr Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I bought my D1 because of the keyboard (had a couple of treos before) and can't see myself ever owning a phone without one. All of the new phone specs are nice but until there's a keyboard superphone, it's D1 for me.

3. NVash

NVash Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wouldnt have a Droid 1 if it didnt have the keyboard. I had just come from an all touch screen and was sick of it. Even now as I think about getting the iPhone I remember how tired I was and am of the touch screen. The Droid 1 touch screen annoys me, I prefer a keyboard. It has nothing to do with coordination, its more to do with the fact that I get tired of the auto correct 'fixing' words that dont need to be fixed when Im trying to txt, the touch screen often freezing up when I try to do things, and sometimes it not even responding at all so the phone has to be rebooted. This isnt just my Droid, I know my Droid has problems but its other phones as well. I messed with an EnV Touch recently, it was locked and no matter how many times I tried to slide the button to unlock it the thing would not register that I touched it. I get tired of that kind of junk. Not only the Locks, whos bright idea was that anyway, but also problems with touch screens. So if they dont have a phone with a physical keyboard I dont know what Ill upgrade to if I do at all.

4. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    Don't get me started! Not to get off-topic, but Google killed that option with Froyo. I can enable/disable the passcode automatically with locale - get rid of the darn slider I've never had my phone turn on because it's hard enough to hit the power button when you're trying to!

On a more related note, I suspect we'll see a slider. None of the 4 CES devices - and of course the IP5 in June - have a slider. So I would bet money one of the very next devices to come out (after those) will have a slider. Unfortunately that means Q3 for you all.

5. jbdow

jbdow Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It seems the issue as i'm hearing it is that everybody wants to be as up to date
    with the tech on their phones as possible- while in the past i usually only thought of this
    as a monetary issue, this thread reminds me that there can be other considerations.
    As for myself, i have a d2g, and everything i'm seeing to my personal taste and
    expectations is that there's nothing on the horizon that would make me want to get
    something new that doesn't have a physical keyboard. me and my dysfunctional bad
    self. A faster processor and possible 4g is not a game changing event to me; the tech
    i have in hand now, i believe will keep me more than satisfied/happy for at least the
    next year or so, of course i understand that ymmv...

r, john

6. DanielC

DanielC Member

Ratings:
    +0
    detachable/usb/bluetooth keyboard. Nuff said.

7. kodiak799

kodiak799 Gold Member

Ratings:
    +1,003
    Detachable would be slick, except I'd never have it attached on the rare occasions I might want it! But it's a heck of an idea because it could be sold separately as an accessory. We saw some hybrid tablet/netbooks with this, so it's definitely possible - a keyboard dock done right could turn your phone into a slider. Maybe we'll see something like that at Barcelona next month.

Problem with bluetooth is it forces you to carry another device (and another to worry about charging, yuck). And I think a BT keyboard COULD be great, but only if you've got an external monitor attached via USB/HDMIT.

#55 kodiak799, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2011
Search tags for this page

hardware model: n92ap

new verizon phones 2013 physical keyboard