Seriously scared

motodroiduser

Reaction score
I was trying to revert from 2.1 to 2.0. Went to that DroidRootHelper and the **** didnt work. Went back to RSD lite to do fresh boot to 2.0 so i could just OTA upgrade and be done with it. While in RSD, computer froze in the middle of the revert.

Now the phone turns on, goes to white screen for a minute or so, turns off...rinse and repeat.

I dont know what to do...

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
This is a job for the rescue squad....

are you able to boot into recovery? This will be important info.....

jstafford1

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Twitter
jstaff79
Wow sounds like a perfect storm of bad luck here. If you can get to the bootloader should salvagable.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
M

motodroiduser

Reaction score
thank effing god, allah, shiba, zeus.....

:icon_ banana::icon_ banana::icon_ banana:

I was able to get to the black screen with the white text on the side by pressing Volume Down (or was it up?) and Camera while pressing power, then connect via RSD and upload my 2.0.1 SBF and then OTA upgrade to 2.1.

Seriously, if you don't know what you're doing, dont mess with it.

i did ALOT of reading and alot of YouTube tutorial watching and thought I knew how to do this. Although the concepts for hacking/modding this phone seem simple, executing them is very tedious and sensitive. I'm just going to live without overclocking my phone and all that jazz. Thanks for the input

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
is everything else working for you

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Congratulations on job well done : )

OP
M

motodroiduser

Reaction score
is everything else working for you

oh yeah everything is great. it restored it to OEM 2.0.1 with full functions and i did a simple OTA upgrade to 2.1

Congratulations on job well done : )

thanks alot. i feel pretty good that i was able to restore an almost bricked phone. it makes me feel more secure about the workings and tactics to fix my phone....even though i was the one who screwed it up lol.

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score

I was able to get to the black screen with the white text on the side by pressing Volume Down (or was it up?) and Camera while pressing power, then connect via RSD and upload my 2.0.1 SBF and then OTA upgrade to 2.1.

i did ALOT of reading and alot of YouTube tutorial watching and thought I knew how to do this. Although the concepts for hacking/modding this phone seem simple, executing them is very tedious and sensitive. I'm just going to live without overclocking my phone and all that jazz. Thanks for the input

Glad you got it sorted.
Shortly after I found this forum a helpful forumite offered to step me through rooting. I didn't feel that I knew what I was doing (and it was important to me that I understand it myself) so I didn't take him up on it.
Here's the thing--how do you know when you know what you're doing?

Kmart95

Reaction score
Wow when i was reading this I thought you would be the first person that had ever bricked a droid (that i know of) no offense, it wasnt your fault that your computer crashed in the middle of using RSD. But good job and im glad it worked out in the end

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Glad you got it sorted.
Shortly after I found this forum a helpful forumite offered to step me through rooting. I didn't feel that I knew what I was doing (and it was important to me that I understand it myself) so I didn't take him up on it.

You don't. However, you will be the first to know that you think that you know what you are doing. If it turns out that you are wrong, we're here for you and in the end it will all turn out ok:)

disclaimer: if your phone ends up wrecked it is totally your fault. If it becomes successfully rooted then whoever's directions you followed takes full credit
icon12.gif

Diordna

Reaction score

Glad you got it sorted.

disclaimer: if your phone ends up wrecked it is totally your fault. If it becomes successfully rooted then whoever's directions you followed takes full credit
icon12.gif
Thats awesome lolol

PhoenixGTR

Reaction score
Wow when i was reading this I thought you would be the first person that had ever bricked a droid (that i know of) no offense, it wasnt your fault that your computer crashed in the middle of using RSD. But good job and im glad it worked out in the end

You mean no one ever has bricked a Droid? Really?

Glad you got it sorted.

You don't. However, you will be the first to know that you think that you know what you are doing. If it turns out that you are wrong, we're here for you and in the end it will all turn out ok:)

icon12.gif

I appreciate that. I had a bad BIOS flash on a PC once, so while the idea of rooting appeals to me I keep thinking about that dead mobo and backing off. I guess I have to ease into the idea.

Diordna

Reaction score

You mean no one ever has bricked a Droid? Really?

Glad you got it sorted.

icon12.gif

I appreciate that. I had a bad BIOS flash on a PC once, so while the idea of rooting appeals to me I keep thinking about that dead mobo and backing off. I guess I have to ease into the idea.
Why not just get apps that root for you instead?
People just manually root because
A.) They like to understand what is going on, like how it's working
(As for me I don't care, I just want it rooted! lol. Seems to work well in situations like yours too.)
B.) If somehow or something messes up (99% user error, but rare if you do it the easy way) they know what exact step they're on and can pretty much do that little step over until done right.)

But I heard a lot of people on some thread awhile back using these apps and work just fine.

I personally haven't rooted, but it's like the calm before the storm. I'm going to very soon here I know it, after I study up on these Kernelz and stuff I'm pretty clueless about.
(even though I CAN just root and not put anything on but eh, which is what you could do too, simple)