1. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Seriously!! Metamorph & BB .5 (2.1) request!

Discussion in 'Android Themes' started by Jonny Kansas, Mar 1, 2010.

1. Jonny Kansas

Jonny Kansas Premium Member Premium Member

Can someone please help us? Lol

My good friend, Tekhawk, and I are trying desperately to them BB .5 using metamorph.

We've tried a few different themes, some that claim to work on 2.1 and some that don't claim to work on 2.1, but offer xml files to replace that are supposedly going to make everything work...and nothing works...

Tek would like a black and purple theme from what I understand, and I'm quite partial to black and red. Something akin to smoked glass works for both of us I think...

I've found pieces of stuff like what I'd like within different themes and attempted to put them together, but to no avail thus far...

Tek's even tried using adb to push a couple things.

We both agree that we like the look of Pete's modified Adamz's smoked glass, but would just like some nice accents.

For me personally, I'd like more red in the notification bar. Perhaps even a red-tinted pull-down from a black bar. At least a splash of red in a majority of the icons that show up in the notification bar (that CAN be themed...I realize that it's difficult/impossible to theme the notification icons for third-party apps), and the buttons on the on-screen keyboard to turn red when I touch them.

I know that I had "DarkTwoOne" working fairly well with the red patch, but my dialer was COMPLETELY screwed up..Buttons were all out of whack and didn't do anything when pressed.

I kinda like the dialer from Droidinator, and will be reinstalling it after I figure out what I can do with DarkTwoOne and its red patch, and/or combining the two of them into my one theme for easier install...assuming I'm not crazy and it actually had an effect...Seems like both Tekhawk and I applied that theme before Pete modded Adamz's.

If anyone can offer some help, links, guidance, etc, please feel free! I'm not about trying to get together in a chatroom or using this thread to hash out ideas.

We've tried quite a bit of different ideas thus far, but haven't been very pleased with the results...
  2. TekHawk

TekHawk New Member

Yea... pretty sure form what I have seen we are going to have to manually do some of the changes through adb but at this point my head hurts lol I will be trying more ideas tomorrow if anyone has any tips to throw into the mix though please do lol and basicly

http://www.alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=310&t=1678

the purple version of that is the one im aiming to make work
  3. Jonny Kansas

4. Jonny Kansas

So, Tekhawk managed to temporarily brick his phone while attempting an adb route, and I managed to theme nothing but the launcher by replacing the .png files in Pete's version of AdamZ's smoked glass with icons/etc that I wanted...

Hooray!!!

The good news is, we learned how to not brick our phones while not theming them...

Does ANYONE have any idea how to get a decent 2.1 them? ANYONE? :D