Serious question, what is the best app to find your phone?

Discussion in 'RAZR HD and RAZR HD MAXX Support' started by jimmythegent, Mar 4, 2014.

1. Scott0719

Scott0719 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I just located my phone using it. Very easy and simple to use. When I got my Moto X it asked me to set that feature up. Never really new how to use it till now. I'm not sure what else you would want from it. Give it a try.

2. Mike.757

Mike.757 Silver Member

Ratings:
    +488
    There is also an app so you can use your phone to find another phone, like your spouse's or kid's phone. You don't have to go to the browser.

3. Duster

Duster New Member

Ratings:
    +3
    I have used the "Where's my Droid" app for several years. It is free (pay upgrade but I've never felt the need) and allows you to text the lost phone and either cause it to ring and flash, or send you the phone location by GPS. It can be configured to do the GPS work in the background, so that if it is stolen (or on a teen's phone) you can check the location without alerting the phone. It also allows remote wipe.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

4. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Serious? There is no solid app to locate your phone via GPS on screen, lock it, play a sound, or erase data?

Wow, why would I want GPS coordinates sent to me? Just friggin show on a PC screen where the phone is, this is that difficult? I know there are a couple in Play store, but they are mega fails and have too much adware for the free versions.

I dont get what is so hard for google to have an iCloud like system, I really dont.

5. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +12,676
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    Yes, Lookout is a great app, does exactly what you are asking. But....if you have an app on the phone, and the phone is lost....what good is the app? No phone....no app.

That why Android Device Manager its so easy and convenient.

6. SJBBF

SJBBF Member

Ratings:
    +0
    What does the almighty 'icloud' do that the Device Manager doesn't. It's the same concept. And there isn't just gps coordinates.. it shows you right on Google maps (you know, the one better than apples) where your phone is. I'm sure you haven't tried it yet based on your ceaseless whining.

7. notbitter

notbitter New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use Cerberus. It works well for me, not that I've lost my phone all that much.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

8. PereDroid

PereDroid DF News Team Reporter

Ratings:
    +4,268
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Turbo 2
    No he hasn't tried it obviously.
    It will locate your phone on a map. It will allow you to lock your phone, or erase it or make it ring and put a message on the lock screen.

Why not try it Jimmy?

#20 PereDroid, Mar 13, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  9. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +12,676
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    I was curious what the iCloud - Find My Phone website looks like, so i went to it the other day. That web page and the Android Device Manager web page look almost identical; they even have very similar "about this page" verbiage. They look very similar to me, so if someone is used to the iCloud page, or likes the functionality it provides, there is no reason not to like Android Device Manager.

10. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

Ratings:
    +7
    iCloud is is www.icloud.com - What is the name of the website for this? Simple question. Ok, got it, you have to login to your Google account.

Have a question though. At work, I have a google account, and I cant login to my personal google account, how do you go around this, it just asks me if I want to "join" the 2 accounts up, which I dont.

#22 jimmythegent, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2014
  11. Sajo

Sajo Diamond Member

Top Poster Of Month

Ratings:
    +12,676
    Current Phone Model:
    Moto Z4
    Android Device Manager needs to be tied to the Google / GMail account used to activate the phone. I assume that's your personal account that you can't access. You can reset your password on the G Mail sign in screen from a PC, just click the need help link and reset your Google / G mail password for the personal account. Once that is done, reboot your phone. It will prompt you to enter the new password on your phone. That should do the trick.

12. jimmythegent

jimmythegent Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Okay, I meant I have TWO Google accounts, one for work, one at home (personal).

Should I be at work, there is no way to login to my other Gmail unless I open a new browser other than Chrome (FAIL). I obviously do not want to combine the accounts for email reasons.

Also, my entire "rant" about the iCloud vs. Androids device manager could have simply been answered with "https://www.google.com/android/devicemanager" and to make sure I have it turned on in my phone and perhaps a simple video like this could have been posted:

Find your lost Android device with Android Device Manager | How To - CNET

I hope others with Androids find this post to be helpful. I should have done the homework myself as it seems the only question answered on this forum lately with a real answer was the one about the SIM tray and how after 8 posts it was finally figured out all the poor guy needed to know was to use a pin in the hole to click it out.

Anyway, I know your sick of my "negative" attitude in this forum, but after visiting 2 others, I found that they had real substance and real questions with fast answers and real opinions.

So I wont be posting much anymore on here, it seems to me this site is a true fan boy site which stinks, because one should always keep their eyes open on all the tech out there, it seems every time "Apple" was mentioned the poster was steam rolled.

And I know its an Android forum, but even the other sites that are Android sites are more open to other technologies. Also I joined this site because it was a "DROID" site, Droid as in just Droids, but realize its ALL Androids, so the name is also kind of misleading.

Search tags for this page
app that finds your android phone

best find my phone app

does lookout security app work after a hard reset
does lookout security work after factory reset
find my android phone location
find yor phone from yor computer

how accurate is find my iphone app

how to find lost android phone
what's the best find my phone app for the razr m
wheres my phone app