Serious problems root/unroot PLZ help!!!

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by kyle_weststi421, Mar 20, 2011.

1. kyle_weststi421

kyle_weststi421 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    So my story begins with me rooting my Moto Droid 1 running 2.2.1 frg83d,I used this guide (http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/74028-root-droid-1-regardless-os-version.html) It was pretty easy, and worked great. Then a week later tragedy struck, my screen suddenly stopped working. I was able to view what was on the screen by using Android screen monitor (on my computer). So i called Verizon and my warranty covered it. My first problem is that now i cant unroot the old droid. For some reason when i boot to recovery, Android screen monitor does not show the recovery screen. And I need to send it back in a day or two. My second problem is that when i got the new droid, 2.2.2 automatically installed itself and i can not root it using the same guide. I got as far as rebooting into SPrecovery to install "update.zip", but every time i try it automatically goes to the bricked droid screen instead of SPrecovery. Can anybody lend some support? I'm running out of time.

2. guidot

guidot Developer Relations Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +274
    What exactly is the "bricked Droid screen?"

You can put an FRG22D update.zip fullfile (77MB or so) on your sdcard (named update.zip of course) and allow it.

Or, you can SBF it back to stock without needing to see the screen at all.

Sent from my GimpDroid (Installed by RZR).

3. nerdslogic

nerdslogic Silver Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Superoneclick will root your phone with 2.2.2....just an FYI

Search tags for this page

unroot problems