Serious, Droid Pro OS Issues, Help Needed

M.J.H.

Reaction score
I am not sure what the heck this could be guys, I have owned 4-5 Droid phones total since the Droid 1 and I really have tried everything to troubleshoot this issue.

The ONLY things I have changed in the past week are:

- An update for my Handcent SMS program
- An overall software OS update from Verizon / Motorola to I believe 2.2.6
- Installed Better Keyboard after being sick of the no Autotext issue this allowed me to use a custom dictionary and helped with the issue (NOTE: blamed it on Better Keyboard uninstalled it tonight and nothing changed)

- Still using LauncherPro and Auto Memory Manager which shows (101-133 MB of free memory no matter what is going on my phone)
- Using Set CPU and followed the video on how to do it
- Rooted the phone the day I got it

It seems like HANDCENT is freezing up more than anything else, but the dialer itself is sluggish sometimes it will be 5-6 seconds before my "recent calls" appears! Even my Bold was quicker than this.

Can anyone think of ANYTHING that would turn the phone from lightning fast into average/sluggish that quickly? A bad OS update?

Thank you!

JustisLewis

Reaction score
The memory manager itself could be causing your issues.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
M

M.J.H.

Reaction score
Out of nowhere though you think? I guess it could be anything that updated recently because it seems somewhat odd that the phone would be as fast as hell and then out of nowhere just start acting like my Bold after going from 5.0 OS to the buggy 6.0 OS!

I am trying to run Z4 Root or whatever to root the phone after the update and it won't do anything.

OP
M

M.J.H.

Reaction score
For example even right now on the Handcent list of messages screen the phone has been 100% stuck on this screen no activity for probably about a MINUTE, and still if I press the Home soft key or the Search or Back soft key the phone does not respond AT ALL. :mad:

OP
M

M.J.H.

Reaction score
Also, if it helps any, my version of Handcent SMS is 3.5.2 and my OS version of the Droid Pro is 2.26.60.XT610.Verizon.en.US

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Have you tryed just doing a reboot? That sometimes fixes lag issues for me?

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Also have you tried clearing your caches?

decapitor

Reaction score
I could be wrong but I believe the way many memory managers work is by setting a limit on the memory pool that all of your apps can draw from. As you install more programs you'll get closer to that limit and when you reach it, the memory manager will start killing programs to keep you under the limit, even programs running in the foreground that you need such as Handcent. I'd definitely start by uninstalling or changing the settings on your memory manager first to see if that helps.