Serious dilemma

Peot

Reaction score
Mine isn't as simple as "wait or don't wait," since I am currently without a functioning phone, and have been for a week and a half. It's been horrible for quite some time, rebooting at random and having no battery power upon reboot, and now it's effectively a brick (it's a Blackberry Storm. Yeah.)

With the Droid X now $50 brand new, can I really resist any longer? Isn't ANYTHING better than waiting? My data usage isn't terribly high anyway, but I am in a 4G coverage area. Netflix is REALLY tempting too.

Any ideas?

chrisbrennan82

Reaction score
Droid X isn't bad but personally I would wait for the thunderbolt or bionic. If Im not mistaken best buy is already selling the thunderbolt.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

razor2006

Reaction score
Yeah, they're basically just taking peoples $50. They don't have the devices yet anyway. Speaking of which, I'm taking pre-orders for the Thunderbolt 2, only cost ya $49 :p

J

Johnly

Good luck dilemma.....them suck. Those that decide for themselves seem to be at the top of Darwin's theory....just saying.....

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
You could also grab a used Droid 1 on ebay. I just sold mine for a little over $100. That would hold you over for a bit. Coming from the BB Storm, it will blow your mind!

OP
P

Peot

Reaction score
You could also grab a used Droid 1 on ebay. I just sold mine for a little over $100. That would hold you over for a bit. Coming from the BB Storm, it will blow your mind!

I'm a poor college kid, so there's no way I'd have the coin to do this and then drop another $250-$300 on a TB

razor2006

Reaction score
I told you dude, just buy some cheap piece of crap phone for like $20 on eBay and use it to hold you over, lol.

OP
P

Peot

Reaction score
Buy a cheap dumb phone on eBay to hold you over.

I'd already considered this (and Craigslist), and it seems like a minimal cost endeavor but there is also the (now remote) possibility that by the time I get it, the Thunderbolt magically appears on Verizon shelves! I guess my issue is to figure out whether or not the marginal benefits of slick features/speed/4G outweigh the marginal cost of $200+ and an indefinite waiting period

Good luck dilemma.....them suck. Those that decide for themselves seem to be at the top of Darwin's theory....just saying.....

Tell him one more time, he is a student, prolly didn't get your first post....

The irony is killing me.

razor2006

Reaction score
I'd already considered this (and Craigslist), and it seems like a minimal cost endeavor but there is also the (now remote) possibility that by the time I get it, the Thunderbolt magically appears on Verizon shelves! I guess my issue is to figure out whether or not the marginal benefits of slick features/speed/4G outweigh the marginal cost of $200+ and an indefinite waiting period

If you can be patient enough to wait for the TB, I'd say buying a cheap piece of crap phone is the best thing for you to do. If the TB hits before you get said junk phone, big deal you lost a very small investment. Much better than going with another smartphone, then have the TB come out fairly soon after, and regretting it for the next 2 years. Just my .02 :icon_ banana: