serious battery issues??!!!

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by jmcdonald, Jul 21, 2010.

1. jmcdonald

jmcdonald New Member

I'm running BB.4 with the Pete's 800mhz kernel and for weeks now I have been getting phenomenal battery life, generally between 36 and 48 hours consistently. Now the past few days it has been getting considerably worse going from barely 24 hours to 12-18 and today I took it off the charger this morning and by 1:00 pm it was dead! The phone is only 5 months old - I couldn't have reached the maximum charges for it. I'm assuming that there is a program eating my battery just don't know how to find it. Any ideas from the smart ones out there? Thanks
  2. peterpressure

peterpressure New Member

check your running services in settings -> applications -> runnign services.

Although, I have never had the battery life you are quoting, I get 8-12 hours on a normal day
  3. ace2525

ace2525 New Member

Yeah, I'm lucky if my battery lasts more than 15 hours! You definitely don't have a problem
  4. Raven1r44

Raven1r44 New Member

Bugless Beast by default overclocks to the highest allowed slot possible, if you get the setCPU app, and put the on-demand governor on, while the phone is not in use, or when the screen is black it will throttle it down to whatever you specify it to. I have mine set to 250mhz min. with a max of 1.1gig using chevy's ultra low voltage kernel. my phone will consistently last throughout the day with moderate usage, usually a minimum of 15-18 hours needed before charging is required. so try setCPU and or a different combination of kernels.
  5. TuBitMittens

TuBitMittens Member

Ever since I rooted and got bugless beast I've been lucky to get 8 hours with my constant use. :/ and yes I know all the general battery saving methods.. If I got at least 12 to 18 hours I wouldn't be complaining. That's AWESOME if you ask me..
  6. Larry_ThaGr81

Larry_ThaGr81 New Member

Yeah I would have to concur that you've been fortunate enough to get that much battery life our of your battery under I'm assuming normal usage. How would you describe your usage patterns when it was lasting 3 to 4 days versus now? How many apps do you think you've downloaded over the past week or two?

The only time I could get that kind of battery life is when minimum usage and turning off my data connection for extended periods.
  7. Dmoralize

Dmoralize New Member

I had been running v.4 for awhile with good battery life and recently it all went to hell. My phone started constantly searching for signal and I couldn't get it sorted out. I suspect it was from flashing a lot of different kernels to test them out.

So I wiped the phone and reinstalled. I'm back to great battery life again. Sometimes it's that easy. If you've done a lot of ****ing around, maybe give your phone wipe and start it fresh.