1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Seperate Mail Icon for Specific Folder

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by davebybee, Jun 11, 2010.

1. davebybee

davebybee New Member

Using the Incredible.. I need to create a separate mail icon that shows new email notifications for only a specific email sub-folder (sync'd to Exchange).

So, I'd still have the main mail program icon that reads my main inbox (as I do now), but I'd also have a 2nd mail icon reading the sub-folder.

This would allow me to monitor email in a sub-folder form my home screen.

Can anyone help me on this? Thanks.
  2. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

Not sure if it would solve your problem, but you might try downloading k-9 and have it synch only the folder you want to check.
  3. davebybee

davebybee New Member

Thanks JSH. I loaded K-9. I am getting connection error when trying to setup the SMTP. So I'll need to work on solving that.

But in the K-9 setup menu, it appears that I can only designate at which level folders are checked on push/poll (ie. 1st class, 2nd class) but doesn't allow me to name a specific folder and exclude the inbox folder. If I'm understanding this correctly, then it wouldn't accomplish what I'm after.
  4. jsh1120

jsh1120 New Member

Can't help you very much because I use K-9 in a rather simple way. But I believe if you select a particular folder and then go to Menu> "more" and "folder options" you can designate that particular folder's display and synchronization options. I believe if you experiment with those settings for your various folders you may be able to exclude the "inbox" and, in effect, promote the folder for particular types/senders to be the only folder that is synched, displayed, and sends a notification.

Good luck and if you figure out all this, I'm sure others would like to know. Myself included.
Search tags for this page
android email exchange specific folder
android exchange sync separate icon
android separate email folders blackberry
any way to create a specific mail icon for android
droid separate email folders
how to make separate email inbox folder in android
how to make seperate email folders with android
how to separate by email inboxes android

how to separate email folders on htc incredible

how to seperate mail folders on s4
how to sync email desktop alerts for inbox folders in k-9 ma