Separate pictures into albums?

altjx

Reaction score
On the root of my SD card, I have a folder called "Pictures" and I have a bunch of different folders in there, which I originally took from my computer. For example, a few folders I have in there could be named:
  1. Pictures\Certifications
  2. Pictures\Me
  3. Pictures\Gf
  4. Pictures\Vacation
But when I browse to My Galary in the apps, I only see 2 albums. One is like camera roll or something and hte other is "All"... Not sure what's up with this... any help?

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
Ok, so they're called folders instead... So another question, when I display a widget on my home screen, how do I get it to show the folders that I have stored on my SD card? The widget shows no pictures at all o_O

MysticalDreams

Reaction score
IL for now... waiting for the day we can move back
Current Phone Model
Note 8!!
this is not to sound sarcastic but sometimes things in print can come off that way...

When I first went from my DX to Maxx I had the same issue... and I realized the folders I crated were on the internal drive of the phone not the SD card... when connected to the computer as mass storage it read differently than the DX did... you might want to see if its something as easy as that...

OP
A

altjx

Reaction score
this is not to sound sarcastic but sometimes things in print can come off that way...

When I first went from my DX to Maxx I had the same issue... and I realized the folders I crated were on the internal drive of the phone not the SD card... when connected to the computer as mass storage it read differently than the DX did... you might want to see if its something as easy as that...

I kind of got confused too at first, but I think I was able to verify the correct way. For example, when I go to "My Files" and press the "SD Card", I can see my "Pictures" folder in there. Just a little weird as to why I can't use these in the gallery widget... something is weird.