Sensor Problem

mermaid19

Reaction score
I just got my Droid2 on 1/18/11. I have problems with the sensor. I hang up on people, my screen dials while I am talking on the phone, My screen goes black and cannot dial. On 2/18/11 I went in to complain. Verizon, gave me another phone, same thing is happening. I am ready to throw this phone out the window!!!
Verizon told me it's just my phone.
I am printing all of your complaints and going to Verizon today, and showing them it's just not me. They cannot keep ignoring this problem!

leobg

Reaction score
are you using a case or screen protector by any chance?

leobg

Reaction score
Joking aside, it looks like you have the proximity sensor covered with something (either screen protector or a case). It is highly unlikely to get two phones in a row with broken proximity sensor.

boatbod

Reaction score
+1

Either take the screen protector off, or make a small cutout in the upper left hand corner next to the speaker slot.

OP
M

mermaid19

Reaction score
Actually I have both. Screen protector & case. I will try taking them off and see what happens. Thank you for your suggestions.:)

leobg

Reaction score
Use this image as reference - the two red circles on the left of the earpiece opening are the light and the proximity sensors. They must not be covered by a case or screen protector in order to function properly.
attachment.php

kptphalkon

Reaction score
So thats where the light sensor is! Wow. Wait that cant be right....covering it up doesnt increase the brightness when set to auto...

leobg

Reaction score
When you cover it, phone will believe you are in the dark, hence decreasing the backlight, not increasing. When you cover it, backlight on the keyboard will come on and brightness slightly decrease. If you use small source of light (like pocket LED flashlight) to light that area while in the dark, you will see screen backlight increasing and keyboard backlight going off.