Sense dialer for Droid BB?

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by benhar, Dec 6, 2010.

1. benhar

benhar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Currently giving MIUI a test drive to compare with BB. So far the two things I like the most are the 4-icon dockbar (my opinion is that dockbar shortcuts are the most used, so they should be at least as big as the other icons) and the Sense dialer. Since neither Fede nor anyone else seems interested in making a 4 fullsized-icon dock, I'm not getting my hopes up about having that on a BB setup. However, is it possible to get the Sense dialer? I really like its layout, how the most recent calls are on the screen the same time as the dialer, and how dialing a number starts bringing up the most recent contacts.

2. 7h3.4pp12en7ic3

Ratings:
    +0
    You do know that the MIUI Dock is not strictly 4-icon, right? You can have less or more, just drag into or out of the dock. Further, that is not a "sense" dialer. That is a dialer app made by the original company that created MIUI. I would look into porting the dialer app from MIUI and possibly the launcher as well. You should ask in their subforum if the devs would be willing to look into standalone versions for those apps, if possible.

3. ytwokc5

ytwokc5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Have you looked at Dialer One in the Market? It does everything that you mentioned you like about the Sense Dialer.

I use ADW for the 4 icon dockbar, it lets you resize the icons if the stock size does not meet your need.

I like the stability of BB, any bells and whistles that are not part of BB I have been able to find an app to fit my needs.

4. benhar

benhar Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah, I knew I'm not limited to 4 in MIUI, I just really like the 4 and wanted to see that on LP or ADW (with full size icons). Didn't know that wasn't a Sense dialer, I think I read that somewhere, so guess the source was wrong :)

Haven't tried Dialer One, I'll give it a shot.

ytwokc5, how do you get the 4 icon dockbar in ADW? I only see options for 1, 3, 5 or no Dockbar at all.

5. ytwokc5

ytwokc5 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry,
    I guess I meant 5. Was not counting the center icon, just the 4 app icons

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

6. _33

_33 Active Member

Ratings:
    +15

Great find on the Dialer One! Looks amazing.

Search tags for this page

sense dialer