sending videos

goodyear3030

Reaction score
Why can't I send videos in messaging or email. What is the file size that you can send? Is there any upgrade to fix this problem?

DJTURNz

Reaction score
Unfortunately, I have never been able to send a video either.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is your video over 30 seconds? That's the maximum size allowed. Any video longer then that cannot be sent.

Car

Reaction score
Is your video over 30 seconds? That's the maximum size allowed. Any video longer then that cannot be sent.

Well the video I last tried to send was 8 seconds and it would not send. This was a video taken with my Droid...

stratjb

Reaction score
Check the Video Quality in the settings of the camcorder. Make sure it's set to Low (for MMS messages). You can't attach the high quality ones.

Car

Reaction score
Check the Video Quality in the settings of the camcorder. Make sure it's set to Low (for MMS messages). You can't attach the high quality ones.

Ok, ill try that. I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that any video previously taken in HQ without the intent to be sent by mms, cannot be resized automatically by the phone like it does for pics?

Car

Reaction score
I tried the setting for mms video and it worked but the quality is atrocious. I am saddened to see that with all the power we hold in our hands, we can't send a better video than that :-/

goldenhorseshoe

Reaction score
I think there is a software application that you can download to convert it to small one but in same quality.......

anthony.selby

Reaction score
Android SendIT

I had the same problem ... I recorded a video on my phone (not really thinking about sending it) but when I tried ... I couldn't find any way to (without posting it to youtube) ... then I searched the market for "Email Video" and the 2nd one Android SendIT ... lets you send any video to anyones email address ... It worked perfectly for me

BlondeBoopie

Reaction score
I have a Droid Pro and when I recorded a :54 sec video on high quality it would not send as mentioned. However, when I hit the menu button and choose "video modes"...it has a option called "Video Message" In choosing that it allows you to record up to 1 minute of video and will be able to send via MMS or email with ease. Yet the down fall is definitely that the video quality is poor. But the person on the other end will probably get the picture. LOL. (pun intended). Hope this helps to DROID PRO owners, not sure if it's helpful to other DROID phones. Good Luck.
~bb~