Sending text via voice

DIESEL-USMC

Reaction score
The video is clear on what to say. But when I speak "send text to _______" instead of inputting the who in to it inputs everything into the message body. Am I doing it wrong?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

SallyC

Reaction score
The video is clear on what to say. But when I speak "send text to _______" instead of inputting the who in to it inputs everything into the message body. Am I doing it wrong?

I think you may have to say Send Text To xxx Message xxx. I haven't played around with this much, but if you look here at the Android manual on page 107 that's the syntax it looks like they use.

T

TheAlpha

I have the same problem

OP
DIESEL-USMC

DIESEL-USMC

Reaction score
Its pissing me off. I say it just like the dagum video

SallyC

Reaction score
Have you gone to Menu, Settings, voice input and output settings and played with the options? Maybe retraining the recognition?

Sorry I don't have any better ideas. :confused:

SnoDrtRider

Reaction score
I use Vlingo for most of my voice commands and it works well / gets my commands correct better than the native voice command application. I use BT most of the time and I press the ear piece button and when Vlingo starts I say "Send text to joe balony" it then confirms "send text to joe balony" then asks me what the message is... I dictate the message which it then confirms and gives me the option to send. All this is by verbal commands and confirmations.
The native voice dialer seems to have problems understanding me most of the time however when I do a voice search (long press magnifying glass) it works flawlessly.