Sending Ringtone

Nana2Callie

Reaction score
Can I send a ringtone to my husband's phone from my Droid 2? He has a very limited selection of choices and we haven't been able to download any for him.

Thanks,

mewshi

Reaction score
If you can wait till tomorrow, I can exlain how to send ringtones from your computer. Pretty simple stuff, really, but I am at work...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I can help you do it from your phone if you'd like. You should be able to go in to your meessaging client of choice, I use handcent but I think it works in stock as well, compose a meessage to your husband and hit the menu button. There should be an option for attach, click that and find "audio". When you click on audio there are options for android system or music, pick which directory the audio file is saved in and find it. Then press ok and it will attach to the message and convert it in to a mms.

tappin and a talkin

mewshi

Reaction score
First, send an MMS (picture/video message) to some e-mail address from the phone you want to send the ringtones to.

Then, create an e-mail for each ringtone you want to send, and attach it to an e-mail addressed to the e-mail address of the phone (it's the number followed by something like vzwpix.net or something). Send it, and, depending on your phone, there should be a way to save it as a ringtone.

If you need assistance making/editing ringtones, feel free to ask ^_^

wojtalsd

Reaction score
Can I send a ringtone to my husband's phone from my Droid 2? He has a very limited selection of choices and we haven't been able to download any for him.

Thanks,

All depends on his phone. Not all phones will let you use any file as a ringtone. If you can give his phone make/model we can help you out and see if this is possible for ya!

mewshi

Reaction score
Just try it; most phones, when they receive an MMS with an audio file attached, will provide an option to set it/save it as a ringtone.