Sending pic messages

kikilio

Reaction score
Hi, Ive had the droid now for about a week...still getting used to it. I've actually figured out a lot just reading thru all the discussions on this website.

So now im trying to figure out out to send a pic message to my aol account in an easier way then typing in the whole email address. SHouldn't it pop up as im typing it? Sometimes when im using messaging to send a pic it says "converting to mms, charges may apply? What is that about?

Erron

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
It converts it to an mms so the file size will work. a 5mp pic wont send as an mms. Least I think that is all it's doing. Far as the charges go, that is if you don't have a data/mms plan on your phone. Or a text messaging for that matter.

So now im trying to figure out out to send a pic message to my aol account in an easier way then typing in the whole email address. SHouldn't it pop up as im typing it? Sometimes when im using messaging to send a pic it says "converting to mms, charges may apply? What is that about?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi, Ive had the droid now for about a week...still getting used to it. I've actually figured out a lot just reading thru all the discussions on this website.

MMS means multimedia service. Whenever you send out a picture or any other type of media this is the kind of text you are sending. It only cost if you go over your text limit (if you have one).

As far as sending out a text goes, if the person is on your contact list all you have to do is start typing their name and it should pop up. You don't have to type in anything else.

I think your confusion is you believe your sending out emails and it's converting it to text. An email address in a text would not work. It has to go to a phone number. Are these people receiving your text ok?

OP
K

kikilio

Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback! Hi Hook, I am actually sending pictures that i have taken with the droid camera to my aol email address, which i do receive. My email is in my Home contact so as i am typing in my email address it should just pop up like any other contact. Its not a big deal I guess....thanks again!