sending phone number from contacts in text

Mayhem521

Reaction score
Is there a way to send a phone number from your contacts list in a text message without writing it down and typing it? Under the share option in the contacts it doesn't have one for texts, just for gmail and such... and also I just want to be able to send xxx-xxx-xxxx, not a contact file or whatever

LtKen

Silver Member
Reaction score
I can... I just long press on the number, and get a bunch of options... one of which is to copy the number.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to send a phone number from your contacts list in a text message without writing it down and typing it? Under the share option in the contacts it doesn't have one for texts, just for gmail and such... and also I just want to be able to send xxx-xxx-xxxx, not a contact file or whatever

Sorry, I don't think so. You can view your contact while your doing your text but I don't see anyway to just transfer a number in the body of the text.

But let's see, maybe somebody else knows a trick. I just don't see how.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I can... I just long press on the number, and get a bunch of options... one of which is to copy the number.

I'm not seeing that option. I just tried and it didn't work for me.

rcfx

Reaction score
The way ltken does it is how I do it, long press the number, choose copy, then go to the text box and long press, choose paste. This works whether rooted or stock.

Sent from Droid via Tapatalk

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
You click on the contact name, then long press the # you want to send, "Text Number" is an option.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
when sending a text, add the persons number to the to: field then just copy it from there (either cut and paste or just retype it)

quickest way i found

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I dont know why you just dont long press the call number in contacts and select "Text Number" Anywhere you see the number and the phone sign, that you press to dial, you can long press down and get the menu.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I dont know why you just dont long press the call number in contacts and select "Text Number" Anywhere you see the number and the phone sign, that you press to dial, you can long press down and get the menu.

i think were trying to copy someones number to send to someone else

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yea... ohh...wait, text number can be taken in 2 diff context.. 1) To Text That Number 2) To Send that Number .. I was seeing it as 2...

OP
M

Mayhem521

Reaction score
yeah, i meant sending someone's number to someone else in a text, I guess abe's way's the easiest.. kinda dumb that on this smart phone with all the features and apps there isn't a way to just add it to the text but my old env2 did