sending phone back to verizon..can someone post the rooting program?

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Verizon pisses me off..bunch of greedy bastards..
Whats the deal on that spying? They can see how much u tether?..what happens if they see u tether so much?
me too most of your problems are caused by their bloat.
as for spying there is bugtogo which is like error reporting on windows, qe, and a third which i forget it basicly tells companies where your are almost like triangulation but its just not the gov watching, its everybody .. all this uses power to run sapping ur battery and memory.
well there is a data cap which will induce bandwidth throttle... cant get around that one.... only heard of 3 ppl who had this happen to them... dhacker29, someone i forget, and death2all110, all using massive amounts of data... vzw labels tethering packets so they can charge 4 it... i disabled that.. so they wont charge u so it looks like phone data.

Last edited:
OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
U are a genius..
Seems like verizon doesnt want u to have any thing free. I just love the verizon surcharge

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Btw, what can i do-
I upgraded to d4 maybe 6months ago and kept my unlimited data plan.
My girlfriend upgraded yesterday from one droid to another and they dropped her unlimited...i thought they couldnt unless u drop ur data plan completely and go to a basic phone, an then back to a droid.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Btw, what can i do-
I upgraded to d4 maybe 6months ago and kept my unlimited data plan.
My girlfriend upgraded yesterday from one droid to another and they dropped her unlimited...i thought they couldnt unless u drop ur data plan completely and go to a basic phone, an then back to a droid.
yeah what im going to do is just buy my new phones on ebay and craigslist to keep my data... the discounted phone makes u get a new contract... 2 gb is the same price as our unlimited... its a crock....what did data somehow ger more expensive... gimme a break... they already have more money than god

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Hell if they get to bad il go to at&t and hopefully they can use my d4.
I just dont see how my plan didnt change but hers did..and they wanted to crowd her abt buying a 30$ case, a car charger, and a 15$ screen protector...i jumped in and said ur crazy..he got mad when i said amazon has all this for 60% cheaper.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Hell if they get to bad il go to at&t and hopefully they can use my d4.
I just dont see how my plan didnt change but hers did..and they wanted to crowd her abt buying a 30$ case, a car charger, and a 15$ screen protector...i jumped in and said ur crazy..he got mad when i said amazon has all this for 60% cheaper.
yeah thats where i get all my stuff... they make so much off accessories its crazy... she must have not made the cutoff... i did and paid 130 for my d4 with a new contract... my bro missed it but a coworker wanted a gal s3 and sold him his old razr maxx for 200 off contract... thats the way to go for the best service ant the cheapest price. i work at the hospital so i get a corp discount as well... if u need a new phone i suggest a tbolt off of Craigslist its like $120 and its 4g

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Yea i cant have a touch screen phone..itl be gone through the wall..
Thats what my gf got, the s3...seems so fragile

Speaking of gettin a d4, i bought mine over the phone an she said its 50$..got my bill, 125$..i was pissed.. i raged over the phone, talkin like a sailor:biggrin:...that good ole construction talk lol

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yea i cant have a touch screen phone..itl be gone through the wall..
Thats what my gf got, the s3...seems so fragile

Speaking of gettin a d4, i bought mine over the phone an she said its 50$..got my bill, 125$..i was pissed.. i raged over the phone, talkin like a sailor:biggrin:...that good ole construction talk lol
yeah tell me bout it next phone im getting will be off contract

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
Well i saw somewhere where u can buy a samsung phone unlocked from google, and go to any carrier u want..
Do u know anything abt that

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
If you're going to send the phone back also wipe the internal sd card, it has a bunch of stuff from various apps and roms that were long gone. SBF'ing didn't clear the internal sd card.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
I tried power button and both volume keys to go into bootloader to do factory reset and no luck.
Yea, i did do a internal sd wipe...said it was full any how...kinda odd

My fish bear, so ur saying gsm means its not global like our d4 and droid 2 global?..doesnt bother me, cause i dont travel.
But are u also saying buying that phone (gsm) from google, it wont work for verizon?
That could be a good way to keep ur data plan unlimited like what we were talking abt.

myfishbear

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I tried power button and both volume keys to go into bootloader to do factory reset and no luck.
Yea, i did do a internal sd wipe...said it was full any how...kinda odd

My fish bear, so ur saying gsm means its not global like our d4 and droid 2 global?..doesnt bother me, cause i dont travel.
But are u also saying buying that phone (gsm) from google, it wont work for verizon?
That could be a good way to keep ur data plan unlimited like what we were talking abt.
heres a vid
[video=youtube;WBySMO8n1r4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBySMO8n1r4&feature=related[/video]
it is global but the radios prob don't do 4g lte cuz its proprietary tech for vzw.. an example is the razr xt910 gsm vs razr xt912 which is cdma... just pick a cdma version of Samsung Galaxy S III which is SCH-I535

orangechoochoo

Reaction score
What was the problem with your phone in the first place? I was expecting to see you jump on the ICS Eclipse train a couple weeks ago.

OP
93fuelslut

93fuelslut

Reaction score
That phone wouldnt ota update..plus it wouldnt read my sd card..so verizon sent me a new one..but the one im sending back, i unrooted b4 i changed my boot animation and battery icon..which will throw a red flag..so i was wanting to re root gingerbread 2.3.6 to change back my boot animation and battery icon....iv sent in phones with different animation and no problems..but dont wanna keep pressing my luck.
And now this phone is being gay..wont play sound during movies half the time, and hung up when u press the back button.